This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

In case you missed the mass panic a few weeks ago, Netflix accidentally released the first ten episodes of the third season of “House of Cards” online. While the episodes were swiftly removed, a few lucky fans were able to watch any they had already loaded. I won’t reveal any spoilers here, but the new season starts off with a pretty big surprise.

A few days after the leak Netflix released an official clip of the new season depicting the new first family posing for a portrait. With just a few lines of dialogue and a dramatic voice over, Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright already have us speculating about the drama this season. How will Claire and Frank’s relationship play out now that they are directly in the public’s eye? Will their secrets (like two counts of murder!) finally catch up with them? With the juicy, plot-twist filled writing in this show, and the real life scandals in Washington that influence it, anything is game in the Underwood’s political ring. 

While all fans of the series will be able to watch the entire season when it premiers on Netflix (permanently) tomorrow, American University students are invited to a viewing party in the Perch that night. Until then, let’s take a look back at some of season 2’s most shocking moments.

Zoe’s Death

Ok, so no one saw this coming. I mean, I knew nothing good could come of Zoe and Frank’s rendezvous but I didn’t think it would end with him pushing her in front of a moving metro train. Now I make sure to be extra aware when I’m in the metro, and to be sure no corrupt politicians are waiting in the shadows…

The ‘Meechsome’

Yeah, I didn’t see this one coming either. We already knew Frank was bisexual, and Claire was into younger men, but we had no idea they would all hop in bed together. Meechum is one lucky guy. I mean who else can say they’ve slept with the President and First Lady at the same time?

Rachel Killing Doug

Okay, I kind of saw this one coming. With Doug’s relentless obsession with Rachel pushing her closer to the edge this season, I knew it was only a matter of time before she snapped. But is he really dead? It was a little unclear. Either way, I can only hope Rachel (and Lisa) drove really fast off into the sunset.

Photo credit: 1 2 3 4 

Kari is currently a sophomore in the School of Public Affairs and a contributing writer to Her Campus American. She enjoys trolling tinder, chocolate chip pancakes, and Keeping Up with Kardashians.