This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Happy December! Now that it is officially the Holiday Season, it’s time to start thinking about all of those upcoming holiday parties. Whether it’s for work, in your dorm hall, or just for fun between some friends, there are no shortage of ideas for those “Secret Santa” gifts!

For those of you looking for a gift to throw in the bag at the office holiday party, here are some fantastic ideas that check the box. For the know-it-alls, consider throwing in The Onion Book of Known Knowledge . If you do not know who you are gifting for, consider some neutral gifts such as a new set of headphones, a 2017 calendar, or planner or a new desk organizer. While these gift ideas are perfect for the annual office holiday party, they are also great gifts for friends or family. Also, just because it’s an office party, does not mean you can’t use a little creativity. If crafting, baking or DIY is your thing, go for it! I guarantee you that your efforts will be appreciated.

If you still live on campus, chances are that you dorm floor is going to have some sort of gift exchange. This is an fantastic opportunity to get crafty to save some money! Consider making a Terrarium Jar, these Instagram Coasters or this Artsy Mug. If crafting isn’t your thing, no worries! There are several excellent options under $20. This link has over 50 festive options for this season, all under budget. 

Having a gift exchange or Secret Santa between you and your friends this year? Good for you, that’s an excellent excuse to get together and take a break from finals before everyone goes home. The best part of having a gift exchange between friends is that you have the opportunity to get personal. Think about the quirky things your friends love, whether it’s crazy socks, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, or makeup. No one knows your friends better than you do, so keep in mind that these are only suggestions. The point is to get creative, since there are so many awesome options out there!

I hope this article has helped you think of some gifting ideas for multiple occasions this Holiday Season. However, keep in mind what this time of year truly is. It is the time to reflect and be thankful for the past year, and take time to relax and appreciate friends and family. With that being said, I wish you a very merry Holiday Season and a happy New Year!

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4