Senior Photo
Senior Photo
Carly Elkins
Life > Experiences

Her Campus Senior Highlight: Carly Elkins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Her Campus American is so incredibly proud of our senior graduates for Spring 2020!

Today’s Senior highlight is Carly Elkins. Carly currently serves as one of our Section Editors. Carly is an extraordinary writer and editor and we are so grateful to have her as a member of our Executive Board. This semester, our EIC, Managing Editor, and Section Editor have leaned on Carly for support and she always follows through. She is a ray of sunshine, a talented writer, and a wonderful person. She continues to amaze us in her leadership role in HCAU and we are so thrilled to see what she does next! Congratulations Carly, you are remarkable! 

Major/Minor: Double Major in Psychology and Communication Studies

Best memory at AU: Getting drinks from the Bridge and walking laps around campus with my friends on nice days

Plans after Graduation: Well they were to travel…

Favorite memory in HCAU: Chaotic Eboard bonding

How did HCAU change your college experience?

It can be hard to get close to new people as an upperclassman but being a part of HCAU (and especially a part of the Eboard) allowed me to do that. I got to connect with new people and make new friends, even in my senior year.

Any advice for underclassmen?

Get 👏in👏volved👏!! Chat with your Eboard more! Volunteer for tabling! This is a great opportunity to be a part of a really wonderful community so take advantage of it!

The most important thing you learned during your undergrad career?

You are more than your level of productivity. Don’t feel guilty for taking time for yourself; just because you could be doing work right now, does not necessarily mean you should be doing work right now. Life is short and college is even shorter, so make an effort to see the people you care about and take advantage of everything DC has to offer outside of academia. Grades are important but make sure you make some fun memories along the way.

Here are a few kind words our Executive Board has to say about Carly:

“I started off the year not really knowing Carly at all but she quickly became one of my closest HC friends. I am going to miss her so much, but I know she will go on to accomplish amazing things. Love you fellow curly-haired brunette!”

“Carly is one of the kindest people that you will ever know. She is a stunning person and the mom friend in the best way possible, the kind that buys you granola and brings it to HCAU meetings because you told her you forgot to eat dinner the other day. She’s an invaluable part of our HC family and I will miss her so much.”

“Carly is one of those friends that just light up your mood regardless of what’s going on. Her smile is contagious and I could not be more grateful for her presence in HC and in my life.”

“Carly is truly exceptional. Throughout the semester I ask my editors for a lot. A LOT. But Carly meets challenges with a smile and always offers help. I am so grateful for her as an editor, as a person, and as a friend. Carly, you are a light!”

All in all, Carly brings a ray of sunshine everywhere she goes and shines so bright, it’s very hard to miss. Congratulations Carly! We are so proud of the woman you have become and continue to be!

Photo Credit: Carly Elkins, Her Campus Media Library