Her Campus American and SELF Magazine’s Workout on the Quad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.
AU students are active: on campus, in the community and at the gym. Yeah, we work out.

Her Campus American is thrilled to announce that we are hosting SELF Magazine’s Workout on the Quad from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 27. Workout on the Quad encourages active, healthy lifestyles and reaffirms SELF’s mission to motivate and inspire women to look and feel their best. Open only to AU students, alumni, faculty and staff, this event celebrates fitness and nutrition by providing exercise sessions, delectable treats, fabulous swag and exclusive giveaways. Free workouts will be provided by CRUNCH fitness—from yoga and pilates to Bhangra and boxing, there’s a class for everyone. Sponsors include Reebok, Garnier, euphoria Calvin Klein, VSX Sport by Victoria’s Secret, LeSportsac, LUNA Bar and more!

Workout on the Quad is a special event in honor of SELF’s 20th anniversary of Workout in the Park. Last year, more than 12,000 people participated in the Workout in the Park series across the country. This inaugural event is SELF’s first time bringing the movement to a college campus. Here in DC, we’re all about inaugurations, right?

To join us for this high-energy event, register on SELF’s Workout in the Park website and use the code “QUAD” at checkout for free admission. Don’t forget to tweet at @SELFmagazine, @HerCampusAU and @HerCampus with the hashtags #WorkoutOnTheQuad and #AmericanU!

Who: Her Campus American and SELF Magazine
What: Workout on the Quad
When: Saturday, April 27 from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Where: American University’s Eric Friedheim Quadrangle
Admission: Free (AU ID required)

Photo courtesy of SELF Magazine
Lesley Siu graduated from American University in May 2013 with a BA in Film and Media Arts and minors in Marketing and International Business. Originally from Hawaii, she loves photography, fashion, travel, social media and everything Parisian. She has interned at GLAMOUR magazine in New York and Washington Life Magazine in DC, but her proudest accomplishment is founding Her Campus American in 2011 while interning in Melbourne, Australia. You can usually find her reading a magazine, enjoying a hazelnut latte or posting a photo on Instagram... and sometimes, all at the same time. Follow her on Twitter: @lesleysiu and visit her blog.