The front of Goran Ramseys new fish and chips shoo in the Wharf D.C.
Original photo by Sydney Kamin

Gordon Ramsay Opens Resturant at the Wharf D.C

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

On Tuesday, Oct 25. 2022, famous international celebrity chef Gordan Ramsay opened a restaurant in Washington, D.C.. “Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips” is Ramsay’s first restaurant in the District. It has made its home at the Wharf in Southwest at 665 Wharf Street. “Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips” accepts walk-ins from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday to Thursday and 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.

The menu board inside Gordan Ramsey\'s new fish and chip shop in the Warf D.C.
Original photo by Sydney Kamin

The restaurant’s front door resembles a signature red London phone booth that adds a certain flare to the aesthetic. However, the restaurant itself is not a high-class or expensive restaurant. Instead, it is a friendly and affordable restaurant with British Union Jacks decorating the containers and bags that hold the food. The food is traditional British pub food with fried seafood and chicken combos and various choices for fries and special in-house made sauces like Gordan’s Tartar.

Besides the simple fries and deep-fried dishes, there is also a variety of unique options on the menu special to the restaurant. For example, the Fishwich Combo, which contains: one piece of Crispy Cod wrapped with warm naan bread, avocado sauce, and shredded cabbage, topped with fresh tomato relish. There is also an option to order just chips, including unique options like the Dirty Chips # 1, which includes: fries, jalapeño, chorizo, cotija cheese, red onion, chives and parsley. Or you can order a sweet treat like the Sticky Toffee Shake.

The fish and sea salt fries combo with a toffee drip milkshake served at  Gordan Ramsey\'s new fish and chip shop at the Warf D.C.
Original photo by Sydney Kamin

The opening of this restaurant in the District is exciting for most residents. With the announcement of Ramsey opening two more restaurants in D.C in the near future, more of the British chef will be making an appearance. Ramsay’s “Hell’s Kitchen” restaurant will be joining the District and is currently coming together in a two-story building perched on the Potomac River. It will be the first of its kind on the east coast. That is not all, Washington will also be getting one of Ramsay’s “Street Pizza,” a restaurant chain, in Penn Quarter. This will make three Ramsay restaurants opening in the District within months of each other.

Ramsay’s new presence in Washington is a welcome one because he is bringing many great restaurants to the community. If you have the time and you are hungry for a meal, “Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips” is a great place to go for good food and a great view of the Potomac River.

Sydney Kamin

American '25

Sydney is a junior at American University majoring in literature and minoring in communication. She enjoys reading books as well as watching tv shows and movies while eating any dessert food. Sydney is currently a writer for HCAU and is living in DC.