Glenn Helme ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Full Name: Glenn Helme

Age: 18

Hometown: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Major: International Studies

Relationship Status:  Single (and ready to mingle?)

Celebrity Crush: Dylan O’Brien

Favorite Movie: Bridesmaids

Fro-yo, ice cream or gelato: Fro-yo all the way! (Probably because the toppings are half the fun.)

Favorite place in DC: Kramerbooks and Afterwords Café – more books than anyone could even think about reading AND delicious pie? That’s paradise.

Hidden Talent: I can solve a Rubik’s cube in 1 minute; I learned how to do it from a YouTube video.

Current favorite song: “Hold It In” by Jukebox the Ghost – it will be my jam forever

Dream Job: US Ambassador to somewhere Spanish speaking

Pet Peeves: Slow walkers and ordering food at a counter (I always feel so rushed, and then I get really flustered and can’t decide and end up ordering the first thing I see instead of what I really want – it’s a mess.)

Something most people don’t know about you: I eat peanuts with the shell still on. It’s probably my weirdest habit and I have no idea why I started doing it, but I’ve been eating them that way ever since I can remember! Don’t knock it till you try it though – it’s actually delicious.

Disaster Date: Oh boy! I had a horrific first date with a Republican. Well, to start, Republican boy, if you’re reading this, just know that you’re very nice, but I think we both knew that the date was sh**ty – I mean, he wanted Scott Walker (governor of Wisconsin and also my nemesis) to be president. He didn’t even get actual fro-yo at the fro-yo shop! And his TV was tuned in to Fox News, but the last straw was, by far, the giant poster of Sarah Palin hanging in his room. THAT’S a deal breaker.