Get Pumped, We’re Going Home to Jersey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

If you went to New Jersey for Easter, Passover, or even better, are going back for the entire summer, get pumped for all the staples of Jersey you’ll get to enjoy! I know I’m super excited to go home for all these reasons and so many more. For those not from the great Garden State, be jealous. 

1. Wawa runs 

If there’s one thing I miss from home, it’s my daily Wawa runs. It’s almost time to get back into my coffee run, my lunch run, and the occasional midnight run for ice cream, candy, or whatever else I happen to crave at 12am.

2. Diners. All the diners.

If you’re not in the mood for a midnight Wawa run, diner food is also a quality option at any time of day. The D.C. “diners” are, unfortunately, not really diners, more like low-key restaurants.

3. Not pumping your own gas

I can’t wait for those scorching hot days where I can blast my music and my A/C in the car and rest easy, knowing I don’t have to step out of my car. Also, can I get an amen for Jersey gas prices? Compared to D.C., that in and of itself is a reason to be excited for Jersey.

4. Pork Roll

Pork roll (or taylor ham), egg, and cheese on a bagel. Need I say more?

5. The Jersey Shore

We all know the Jersey Shore is nothing like what’s portrayed on TV. Whether you go to Wildwood, LBI, or even Seaside, you know all the beauty of the beaches. And let’s not forget the Boardwalk, where you have all the rides, fantastic food, and the sound of waves crashing. Perfection. 

Photo Credits:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Monica is a freshman at American University and is studying for a B.A. in Journalism, and is still deciding what else she wants to do with her life. She's super excited to be a member of Her Campus American and experience college life. Right now her favorite things to do include exploring DC, dancing, reading fashion magazines and binge-watching television shows.