The Funniest Female Celebrities To Follow On Twitter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I am a HUGE Twitter junkie.  I mean, it’s the place where I release all my sarcastic thoughts while keeping up with my friends on their day-to-day lives (or disasters, depending on the day).  So simple, your day in less than 140 characters, right? I also follow a number of celebrities, as most people do on Twitter.  But, I don’t follow them for their movie or album promotions, or whatever it is they tweet about their careers.  I follow celebrities because sometimes, they are absolutely hilarious.  It keeps my day going when I see a tweet that just resonates with me.  Here are my favorite female celebs to keep up with on Twitter.

Anna Kendrick

So who doesn’t love Anna Kendrick? We all fell in love with her in Pitch Perfect (also come on, remember she played Jessica in the Twilight Saga? Yeah?) and now she’s unstoppable, most recently taking on film adaptations of Into the Woods and The Last Five Years.  Her tweets are real, never trying to hide anything.  She says what we’re all thinking, and when a celeb relates to our real life struggles, there’s nothing better.

Ellen DeGeneres

Ellen DeGeneres is one of the few comediennes today who is loved by everyone, since she manages to be extremely funny while not being offensive.  Her Twitter is full of the funny things we see on her show and more, such as her #ClassicJokeFriday, photoshopped photos of celebrities, and constant hilarious happy birthday messages to other celebrities. 

Melissa Rauch

Anyone who watches The Big Bang Theory knows Melissa Rauch as the spunky yet sweet Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz, but you’d never guess that her Twitter is even funnier than her character on that show.  Rauch keeps me in laughter all day with her blunt, hilarious tweets. 

Lena Dunham

Everyone loves kickass feminist Lena Dunham, who is the creator and star of the hit HBO show Girls.  But, even if you haven’t seen Girls, you can take the simple step of following her on Twitter.  Between her mix of feminist tweets and funny ones, she’s always on point. 

Olivia Wilde

Everyone knows Olivia Wilde for her work in television and film such as House and The Change-Up, but following her on Twitter will show you that she also is super funny.  She is constantly tweeting about her new adventures in motherhood and also general struggles of being in the spotlight, but takes them head-on in a lighthearted way.  

Chelsea Handler

Okay, who DOESN’T love Chelsea Handler? She’s outrageous and never afraid of saying what’s on her mind.  Even better, when someone criticizes her, she still OWNS it.  For all of you that miss Chelsea Lately (*tears*), follow her on Twitter for your daily dosage of her humor.  Plus, she posts A LOT of pictures of her dogs.  And we all need multiple doses of cute puppy pictures each day.  Period. 

Image Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7