This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Looking for some fun things to do this Halloween, but don’t want to break the bank? Well look no further! Below you will find a list of free events to fill your Halloween schedule.

1. October 30: Embassy Row

This is a classic and almost a rite of passage for any self-respecting DC college student. It’s the whole package, with a cultural experience and free candy! Plus it’s one of the only places where college-aged trick or treaters are the norm.   

2. October 27: DC Drag Queen Race

What better way to celebrate Halloween than by attending one of DC’s most unique Halloween events? This event has brought together a fun, inclusive community since 1987 to celebrate the holiday. This race starts at 9PM in Dupont Circle and partying goes on late into the night at the surrounding bars and clubs for those of age!

3. October 30: The Exorcist Steps Commemoration

Halloween takes a turn to terror with this event. Meet the esteemed William Friedkin, the creator of The Exorcist, on the iconic Exorcist steps. Stop by from 4-6PM and bring something for him to sign!

4. October 31: The Mini Halloween Howl

Get swanky at the Hamilton this Halloween by attending this multipart show! See a full-live band performance and all your favorite Halloween hits coupled with movie projections. There will also be a dancing and costume contest!

5. October 31: Scary League: A Story League Halloween at the Kennedy Center

The Kennedy Center will be holding a Halloween themed show the night of the 31st. Head over to the Kennedy Center at 6PM to get a shot of comedy before a night out on the town!  

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6