Find Out What Your Girl Scout Cookie Horoscope Is

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

For more than 100 years, Girl Scout Cookies have been an iconic symbol of American culture. We actively seek out ways to find cookie connections or phone home asking our parents to send some. Let us celebrate National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend this weekend with some cookie facts and cookie horoscopes!

Fun facts:

• Thin Mints sells more boxes during cookie season than Oreos sell annually

• Every state has a different cookie season window

• All Girl Scout cookie sale proceeds stay local, meaning they do not go to GSUSA (Girl Scouts of the United States of America)

• The reason why cookies have different names between states and sometimes even within the same state is because of the 2 different bakers (ABC Bakers and Little Brownie Bakers) that make the cookies. Some even claim that a Samoa has a different taste than a Caramel deLites, even though it is the same cookie. It has a different name because two different bakers are in charge of making the cookies.

Capricorns (Dec 22 – Jan 20) are serious, independent, disciplined and tenacious. In cookie form, they are Shortbread/Trefoils. This cookie, being one of the originals, represents sophistication which is often associated with seriousness and tenacity.

Aquarius (Jan 21 – Feb 19) are deep, imaginative, original and uncompromising. In cookie form, they are Peanut Butter Patties/Tagalongs. This cookie is thick and encompasses many layers, representing deepness and imagination. The cookie is rich, so one must consciously take in every bite thinking about the peanut butter. It’s been one of the more stable cookies and for most of us college students, we remember it as being a part of our childhood.

Pisces (Feb 20 – Mar 20) are affectionate, empathetic, wise and artistic. In cookie form, they are the Thanks-A-Lot. This cookie is empathetic and affectionate, thanking each individual in a different language for choosing to eat it. In that sense, it is wise. A wise individual is full of knowledge and may perhaps knows multiple languages like the cookie itself. Lastly, Thanks-A-Lot are artistic. While the cookie itself looks the same apart from its thankful saying, its artistic ability is apparent through said saying.

Aries (Mar 21 – April 19) are eager, dynamic, quick and competitive. In cookie form, they are Thin Mints. Don’t deny your love for Thin Mints. Even if you don’t like them, one cannot deny the love that the majority of Americans have for this flavor. Thin Mints bring out the eagerness among us, we all look forward to cookie season for this favorite goody and yearn to stock up on boxes by freezing them for another time. Thin Mints creates competitiveness among us fighting for the last cookie in the box or purchasing the last box on the sale table. Thin Mints sell out quick, so you better act fast for this dynamic dessert.

Taurus (April 20 – May 20) are strong, dependable, sensual and creative. In cookie form, they are Caramel deLites/Samoas. The sticky caramel acts as a strong adhesive so that these cookies never fall apart. This cookie is both strong and dependable. You can expect the same, intact structure and delicious taste each time even well past its expiration date. It’s texture is creative and like no other cookie on the market. Caramel deLites/Samoas elicit sensual feelings as well; they bring pleasure to those who consume them.

Geminis (May 21 – Jun 21) are versatile, expressive, curious and kind. In cookie form, they are Savannah Smiles. This zesty, lemon cookie is expressive through its unique flavor, allowing for curiosity. The name itself tells you nothing about the cookie and lemon is not that popular by demand, yet there is something about such a flavor that draws people in. It is a fairly new cookie that is versatile, bringing multiple opinions on the matter and the perfect cookie to begin your summer. These cookies bring a light and fluffy, yet flavorful palet to complement the rest of the cookies. Savannah Smiles are kind as the name suggests, who wouldn’t smile for a kind soul (oops I mean cookie)?

Cancers (Jun 22 – Jul 23) are intuitive, sentimental, compassionate and protective. In cookie form they are Peanut Butter Sandwich/Do-si-dos. The top and bottom cookies protect the inner, vulnerable peanut butter filling from those who wish to indulge. By nature, the design of this cookie is protective, yet it is also a sentimental one. As one of the first three original recipes, generations upon generations remember this cookie from their childhood. Mothers may remember selling them and now their daughters are selling them too. These cookies come in pairs, meaning no sandwich is complete without the top and bottom layer separated by filling. Thus, they are compassionate. Each layer values the other and must work together to create a whole. They are also intuitive, knowing that a broken cookie feels untrue. How can it be called a Peanut Butter Sandwich, if one cookie is missing or incomplete?

Leos (Jul 24 – Aug 23) are dramatic, outgoing, fiery and self-assured. In cookie form, they are Girl Scout S’Mores. A s’more must be made with fire in order for it to be done properly. Hence these cookies are fiery and bring an outgoing personality to the rest of the cookie options. Additionally, they are dramatic since a s’more consists of multiple parts. No s’more is complete without the chocolate, marshmallow, and graham crackers. When a piece is missing, it is a catastrophe. S’mores are a self-assured cookie. They are confident in their ability to be a superior dessert that only comes around on rare occasions.

Virgos (Aug 24 – Sep 22) are practical, loyal, gentle and analytical. In cookie form, they are Caramel Chocolate Chip. As America’s beloved cookie, chocolate chip cookies are both practical and loyal. Their taste never fails you. You can always expect the same great, deliciousness that comes with each bite. These cookies are also gentle. They may break easily and for any picky eater, this is the choice for them. The caramel allows for an analytical twist to this old-fashioned, yet well-liked cookie.

Libras (Sept 23 – Oct 22) are social, fair-minded, diplomatic and gracious. In cookie form, they are Girl Scout S’Mores, sandwich cookie –not to be confused with the Leo horoscope as they are two different cookies with the same name. These cookies are social, the chocolate and marshmallow filling must interact with the top and bottom graham crackers in order to create a tasty, sandwich treat. The Girl Scout S’Mores cookie sandwiches are fair-minded. Given that s’mores are a popular snack within American culture, I can imagine that this new flavor elicited a fair-minded personality and was welcomed with open arms into the community. Furthermore, this is a diplomatic cookie. It highly represents America and the American people as s’mores are an iconic cookie featured in multiple media platforms. Non-Americans look forward to the chance of trying such a treat when they come to America. In sum, this cookie is gracious. It is kind to all and pleasant to eat.

Scorpios (Oct 23 – Nov 22) are passionate, stubborn, resourceful and brave. In cookie form, they are Lemonades. Lemonades are stubborn because it takes a certain taste bud to appreciate the flavor. You either love them or you hate them, and because of that, you are very opinionated and are unafraid to share your feelings. Lemonades are brave. As a fairly new cookie, this flavor combination was a brave decision. Girl Scouts had no idea how people would react to them and whether they would enjoy them. However, due to the fact that Lemonades are still around, I would say that it shows passion. Lemonades may also elicit passionate feelings as they are yellow, which is a symbol of happiness and associations of summer are made as well. Lemonades are resourceful, reminding us of drinking lemonade in the summertime. Lemonade is made through a process, using mainly lemons and sugar; thus, when making lemonade, one is being resourceful. One uses multiple ingredients to create something new.

Sagitarius (Nov 23 – Dec 20) are extroverted, optimistic, funny, and generous. In cookie form, they are Toffee-tastic. The name alone is humorous and certainly out there compared to the more traditional and literal names for the other cookies. You probably wouldn’t know that Toffee-tastic is a gluten-free, buttery cookie with toffee pieces inside like you would know that Peanut Butter Sandwich/Samoa is a sandwich styled cookie filled with peanut butter. Such an exuberant name displays and extrovert. It also represents optimism. As a new cookie, Girl Scouts are optimistic that this flavor will sell and bring in revenue. Lastly, this is a generous cookie, allowing for gluten-intolerant persons to enjoy the joy of Girl Scout cookies like anyone else.

By now, your mouth is probably watering at the thought of eating Girl Scout cookies. You are probably wondering where you can get yourself a box of cookies. Don’t worry, Girl Scouts have finally answered your prayers with three easy ways to get yourself a box of your favorite goodies.

1. Download the IOS or Android App “Girl Scout Cookie Finder”

2. Go to girlscouts.org and use the “Cookie Finder” search engine

3. Go to girlscouts.org/digitalcookie to see if the Digital Cookie platform is available near you

(Image credit: title, 123)

Bailey Kroner

American '21

American University collegiate studying psychology, Spanish, and education. An outdoor adventure enthusiast, Ice Cream lover, and food connoisseur.