jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Favorite NYFW 2015 Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

This past week, designers from around the world traveled to New York City to showcase their latest fashion lines for the Mercedes-Benz Spring Fashion Week. Below is a compilation of our favorite looks from the fabulous New York Fashion Week shows. Enjoy!

1. Badgley Mischka

Badgley Mischka had shimmer and nice rich hues. The collection was somewhat retro inspired with bouffant hair and black winged liner. 

2. Naeem Khan

Glitter, glitter, glitter rocking everywhere! Naeem Khan utilized sequins and light in a classy and regal way, incorporating it into a jumpsuit. Each of the pieces in the collection were stunning.

3. Oscar de la Renta

Oscar de la Renta’s legacy has carried on. Peter Copping presented his first show and the collection this year was nothing short of beauty. As always, the line had in mind a very particular woman that embodies style, class, and power. 

4. Reem Acra

Carrying on with the theme of sparkle and shine, Reem Acra’s collection was a romantic masterpiece. I loved the gothic feel with the long sleeves, high collars, and lace. The makeup and hair finished the looks off, balancing the heavy dresses with effortless shimmery makeup looks and tossled locks.

5. Diane von Furstenberg 

Diane’s show was all about seduction this season using lace, skin and satin. Her collection featured mainly dark colors, a lot of lace and plunging necklines. DVF opened her collection with Kendall Jenner in a sophisticated white wrap dress, and had her models walk to the soundtrack of Fifty Shades of Grey.

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Chloe Kim

American

Chloe is a senior at American University studying broadcast journalism with a minor in marketing. She is an avid pizza enthusiast, and her dream job is to be a travel writer.