Ecrin Adrienne Bilge ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Name: Ecrin (pronounced “Adrienne”) Bilge

Age: 19

Hometown: Fort Lee, New Jersey 

Major: Political Science

After graduation: I want to use my degree to help people through politics. I want to be the one who creates change through legislation, and I would love to be able to work as a mediator between the United States and other countries. 

Don’t be surprised if you see me: Speaking Turkish! My family comes from Turkey, and when I talk to my parents on the phone I usually use a combination of Turkish and English. 

My best quality is: My loyalty. I have a few people who I love to death and I will do anything for them. I’ve met so many people who inspire me, push me and who support me in everything I do. I don’t know what school would be like without them. 

Fun fact: I may spend a hour getting ready every morning, but I’m not a total girly-girl. I love sports, especially the Jersey Devils, the Giants, the Yankees, Arsenal and the Knicks (sometimes). 

Dream date: Being picked up and given light pink roses and spending the day at the museums!

Favorite jewelry: Alex and Ani Bracelets! If you hear a bunch of charms hitting against a table in the library, that’s probably me. 

I never leave my room without: Perfume. I always like to smell good, who doesn’t?

Worst part of the day: Waking up in the morning. Every morning I plan to wake up early, and then I end up sleeping until noon.

Best part of AU: It’s perfectly diverse. Every day I meet new people with interesting stories, and I love that. 

Photo Credits: Cover, 1, 2

Elyse is currently a senior at American University studying foreign language and communications with a focus in Spanish and print journalism. She is originally from Scranton, Pennsylvania and in her spare time she likes to do yoga, read, and binge-watch Netflix when she's supposed to be studying.