This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

It’s here, it’s here! The Holiday Season is finally upon us! I don’t know about you, but this is my favorite time of the year. For me, this is the time of year when I reflect and give thanks for all of the good things in my life. Moreover, it is the time of year that revolves around food, comfort, and joy, three things I think we all appreciate and look forward to. This is also the time of the year when I feel the urge to get crafty and spend even moe time with my friends and family. So, why not combine the two? Get your closest friends, family, or both together for a crafting party. Below I have compiled some easy DIY crafts for the holiday season, all of which are affordable and easy to create in a dorm or apartment.

Friendsgiving

Considering that Thanksgiving is the first holiday of the season, I have found a craft that is perfect to add to the Friendsgiving potluck. Now that the weather is finally getting cooler, we get to enjoy all of the warm and delicious beverages that accompany the season. While you and your friends are waiting on the turkey and accompanying foods to finish cooking, why not make a festive cup cozy with your friends? It is a great way to bond with your friends, and is a useful craft that you can use all season long.

Hanukkah

The next major holiday of the season, beating Christmas this year by only a single day, is Hanukkah. This is also a great opportunity to either invite friends and family over or take some ‘me time’ and create some beautiful DIY Hanukkah decorations. While there are many to choose from, I found three of the easiest options. Looking for a more sophisticated scene? Try these festive Star-Punched Paper Hurricanes to add a festive flair to your candles. If you’re looking for a more traditional craft with a twist, try this Dazzling Menorah. It is sure to be the center of any dorm or apartment. Lastly, if you looking for a fun craft to de-stress during or after finals, get in touch with your creative and expressive side with this DIY Hanukkah Wall Art craft. It is sure to be a unique and personal addition to your living space. 

Christmas

Last, but certainly not least…It’s Christmas time! Although there are so many decoration options to buy at Christmas, nothing beats getting creative and making your own personal Christmas ornaments. It is such an easy way to make your Christmas tree festive and sentimental. While there are an infinite number of options to choose from, I found these to be the easiest and most personal options for creating your own Christmas ornaments. If you share an apartment or dorm with your closest friends, consider making one of these Picture Ornaments that you can add your favorite photo of you and your besties to. It’s a great addition to that miniature tree! 

Happy crafting, and may you, your friends, and your family have a wonderful Holiday Season full of joy! 

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4