“The Dutchess” Fergie Makes a Music Comeback

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Stacy Ann Ferguson, more commonly known to her fans as “Fergie,” was a popular icon in the early 2000’s. In 2002, she joined the major hip hop group “The Black Eyed Peas” and instantly made headlines with popular hits “Let’s Get it Started”, “Boom Boom Pow”, and “I Gotta Feeling.” From there she went on to pursue a solo career, and would later debut with her solo album “The Dutchess,” selling almost 4 million copies worldwide. Her album was filled with hit singles like “Fergalicious,” “Glamorous,” and “Big Girls Don’t Cry,” where she proved to the world she had a beautiful voice.

After taking in the success of her solo album, and a brief stint back with the “Black Eyed Peas” where they performed at Super XLV in 2011, and released their final album “The E.N.D” Fergie took time away from the spotlight, eight years to be exact. During this time people wondered, “Where did Fergie go?”

However, fans were ecstatic when Fergie was seen hanging out with Las Vegas actor Josh Duhamel back in 2004. They began their romance after meeting on the set of his show, and the two were eventually married in 2009. In August of 2013, they welcomed their son Axl Jack Duhamel. However, fans were still anxiously awating for Fergie to return to the music scene.

In September 2014, Fergie answered her fans’ prayers with the dropping of her new hip hop and latin infused single “L.A.Love.” But this single caused a bit of a controversy with critics questioning the involvement of the Hispanic cultural references, and the inclusion of celebrities who aren’t of the music world, nor of Hispanic descent. However, Fergie simply dismissed their comments. The singer tells “Allure” magazine for her February 2015 cover issue, “ I don’t read everything. I just figure that some people are going to like it; some people aren’t.”

So what’s next for the songstress? Fergie’s follow up album to “The Dutchess” is set to drop this year, and fans all around the world are excited to see what’s in store. For more information about Fergie, her career and her role as a wife and mother check out  “Allure” magazine’s February 2015 issue, on stands now!

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6