Creative Care Package Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Being away from your best friend is hard! If college has separated you from your bestie, consider sending care packages to them filled with goodies to let them know you’re thinking about them! Holidays and birthdays are a good time to do this, but it’s also a good idea to send them on no special occasion at all! Here are some ideas of things to fill your care packages with.

Food is always a great idea. What girl doesn’t want food? Fill up the package with snacks like chocolates, goldfish, pretzels, candy, or cookies. You can personalize it to your friend’s specific favorite kind of brands. Food is probably the best thing you can include in any care package for any person.

Cosmetics/mini toiletry  products are another smart idea. Include a bottle of your friend’s favorite color of nail polish, lip gloss, lip balm, eye shadow or hand lotion. The great thing about these is that they’re easily available in places like CVS or Walmart.

Photos of you together are always a cute way to remind your friend that you’re thinking of him or her. They can hang it up on their mirror or put it on their desk.

A card or letter. This is a good way to write a personal message to the person and say more than just the gifts can say!

Small accessories like a necklace, bracelet or scarf are cute ideas that your friend will love to show off. Make sure you package jewelry well so it doesn’t get tangled in the box!

You can also get really creative with the way you decorate the inside of the box! If you still need help, there are many websites such as birch box that allow you to customize your care packages.

Image Sources:

1, 2, 3, 4

My name is Gabby, I'm a sophomore at American University and I'm majoring in Communication Studies.