Style

Clear Bags to Bring to Ariana Grande Concerts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Ariana Grande announced her Sweetener World Tour in late 2018, with the first leg stretching from March 18, 2019 to October 13, 2019. Ticketmaster, who’s been the primary seller for her tickets this tour, put out a statement under “more info” that fans will only be allowed to bring clear, appropriately-sized bags into the venue.

The specific list of requirements the bags must meet in order for the ticketholders to be let into the concert are:

• Fans are limited to one bag per person
  • The bags must be 100% clear
  • The bags can only be made of clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC
  • The bags may not exceed 12″x6″x12″

The decision comes after the Manchester bombing in 2017, in which a suicide bomber killed 23 people during Ariana’s Dangerous Woman Tour. Ariana and her team have cited security concerns as the reason for only permitting clear plastic bags inside the venues on this tour.

Ariana recently started selling three types of bags (a fanny pack, a wristlet, and a tote bag) on her shop, each branded with the words “Sweetener World Tour” in white letters and costing $8 plus a $5 shipping fee. Fans ordering from her site can expect the bags to arrive roughly 2-3 weeks after ordering them.

The official “Sweetener” bags are certainly cute and affordable, but the 2 week shipping times may be a little off-putting for some. So if you’re looking for other alternatives that still meet the requirements and are stadium approved, especially if you want a site with better and faster shipping alternatives, here are our top four suggestions!

(Note: Shipping prices vary for these products. We are taking shipping price and time into account, but they may or may not cost less in total than Ariana’s official bags for each individual person. All Amazon products recommended qualify for Amazon Prime.)

(2-pack) Bags for Less Clear Tote: Amazon, $12.89

• This 2-pack is a great option if you’re going with a friend and you both need a new bag for the concert. Each bag features a double-zipper pull and an open front pocket, and can be carried over your shoulder. One bag costs approximately $6.20, so it’s definitely a smart option if you need more than one.

TheMundanes Clear Tote: Etsy, $11

• This clear bag is handmade and simple, and ships free to the United States. It has straight 5-star reviews from 29 people, so you can definitely trust this seller. It’ll be ready to ship in 3-5 days after ordering it.

Monogram Clear Stadium Purse Crossbody Bag: Etsy, $12 (currently on sale for $10.80!)

• This subtle crossbody bag comes in a variety of colors, resembles the Sweetener bag, and you can even monogram the top! Shipping is approximately $3, and the bag is estimated to arrive between March 4 and 9, so if you have an early tour date you won’t need to worry about it arriving too late.

BuyAgain Clear Fanny Pack: Amazon, $8.99

• If you’re set on the idea of a fanny pack, this one is stadium-approved and contains a front pocket in addition to the main compartment. The waist strap is also adjustable, so you won’t have to worry about it being too big or too small.

Finally, a pro tip: if you don’t want to go through the effort of spending money on a clear bag, a one-gallon ziploc bag is totally admissible. Go ahead and make use of the clear bags you already have in your kitchen.

In general, Amazon is a great option for Prime members, and Etsy’s a safe bet if you’re looking for a guaranteed good quality bag. Definitely check these options out if you’re looking for a bag for your concert, and happy shopping!

Nicole is a political science major at American University. She has been a writer for Her Campus since 2018 and an editor since 2019. She loves to write about politics, social activism and pop culture.