Campus Cutie: Isabel Hasselbalch

Name: Isabel Hasselbalch

Major: International Relations and Art History

Hometown: Lincoln, NE

Relationship Status: Single (and ready to mingle)

Her Campus at American University: What are you involved with on campus?

Isabel Hasselbalch: I am in Alpha Xi Delta, a social sorority here on campus. I am also in club sailing!

HCAU: How did you get interested in sailing?

IH: I learned how to sail when I was a little kid at camp and when I saw that American had a team I thought it would be a fun new way to get involved and make friends.

HCAU: What is your favorite thing about AU?

IH: I really like how there are really accomplished professors who have done cool things and all my friends.

HCAU: What’s your favorite thing to do in DC?

IH: My favorite thing to do in DC is trying different brunch spots. I also like to go on walks and runs in the city and explore places that you wouldn’t typically see in an Uber. My Uber rating is a 4.7 so I might as well walk everywhere anyway.

HCAU: What is your ideal date?

IH: My ideal date would be spending a day on a yacht somewhere tropical, like Bachelor style.

HCAU: What is your favorite brunch spot?

IH: Roofers Union because I can get a different dish every time, and I always leave full and happy.

HCAU: What is your favorite Netflix binge show?

IH: How to Get Away with Murder is definitely my go-to.

HCAU: What’s your perfect Sunday?

IH: Okay so, my ideal Sunday would involve me waking up early and making pancakes. I would then go on a hike with my dog and read a nice book outside on a patio or a porch. To top off my Sunday, I would end the day by making a big dinner with my whole family.

HCAU: What is something most people don’t know about you?

IH: I have a fitness account on Instagram, follow me @bbgirlz. My family also owned a farm.

HCAU: What would say is your best quality?

IH: My sense of humor. I am very sarcastic and witty, and I really do love self-deprecating humor.

HCAU: What’s your go-to snack?

IH: My favorite snack is chips and salsa.

HCAU: What’s your favorite pick-up line?

IH: Hold on. Let me look for my favorite line on Tinder. “Is that your baby?” People always ask that because I have a picture of my niece on there. It's a great conversation starter.

HCAU: Would you say it’s more important to have a large friend group or a few close friends?

IH: A few close friends, for sure. I think it’s better to have a few people who are know you really well and who always have your back. For example, me and my four roommates are super close, and I just know they would do anything for me. We have been friends since welcome week!

HCAU: What’s your biggest fear?

IH: Dying in a car accident because I really suck at driving. My death is imminent every time I get behind the wheel.

HCAU: What do you value most in life?

IH: Genuine relationships with people.

To get to know even more about Isabel, you can find her studying at the Bridge. Just be on the lookout for this fiery red-headed campus cutie and the rest will be history.

(All photos belong to Isabel Hasselbalch)

Editor's Note

Are you an aspiring journalist or just looking for an outlet where you can share your voice? Apply to write for Her Campus!

User login