Campus Cutie: Alex Peffer ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Name: Alex Peffer

Year: Junior

Age: 20

Major: CLEG, with minors in Finance and Sustainability

Hometown: Oxford, Pennsylvania aka Pennsyltucky

Relationship status: Single

Campus involvement: I’m the recruitment chair for the Rugby team and a brother of Delta Tau Delta.

Dream date: It would definitely be doing something outdoorsy. I love doing stuff like hiking and kayaking, and all of it seems even better to do with someone else. So spending the day with someone while just out doing something in nature sounds like a pretty great date to me.

Go-to fun fact: I was on the same swim team as an Olympic gold medalist. This gets a lot less impressive when you realize I was an eight-year-old at the time.

Favorite book: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.

Favorite movie: “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” or “Last of the Mohicans.”

Ultimate jam song: A three-way tie between “When We Were Young” by The Killers, “Green Eyes” by Coldplay, and “Ride” by Lana del Rey.

Favorite memory at AU: The memory that comes to mind isn’t an event or something huge, but it’s sort of a moment. It was during our Delt formal at Virginia Beach, and it was my very first formal. It was a super nice night so we all went to the beach after dinner and everything was done, and we were just chilling and having fun. I was surrounded by all these people that I had gotten really close to over the course of the year, and the beach at night was so gorgeous and empty for miles on either side of us. It just felt like a perfect moment to cap off the end of the year.

One item from your bucket list: I want to get a book published. I love doing creative writing, so working up the courage to try to do something with it would be amazing.

Favorite place in D.C.: The National Gallery of Art. I never thought I would be the kind of person to really enjoy it at first, but then I went in and I was just lost in there for hours. I actually also was literally lost in it, because part of the gallery seems like it is set up as a maze.

Where you see yourself in 10 years: I would like to say that I see myself as a thriving D.C. wonk, but really the only place I can see myself is probably back out in the countryside, kind of just enjoying the laid-back pace that comes with not being in the city. As much as I talk s*** about being from the middle of nowhere, I actually miss it a lot.

Photo credit: 1 courtesy of Alex Peffer, 2