Brock Turner Offers to Tour U.S.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Brock Turner, the convicted Stanford rapist, has offered to do a tour around U.S. colleges. The tour would warn against college’s “party culture” of drinking and promiscuity. Turner himself lied to officials about his experience with the “party culture” before revealing his use of drugs and alcohol, which includes LSD.

His father had this to say in a letter to Brock’s judge:

“Brock can do so many positive things as a contributor to society and is totally committed to educating other college age students about the dangers of alcohol consumption and sexual promiscuity. By having people like Brock educate others on college campuses is how society can begin to break the cycle of binge drinking and its unfortunate results.”

Jordie Davies, from the Black Youth Project, is correct in saying Brock Turner should not benefit from this tour in any way – “(heaven forbid) payment for his speeches.”

In my opinion, I believe that having a convicted rapist go around to college campuses telling people not to rape is not the best course of action. It is unclear whether this tour will actually happen, but let us all hope for the latter.

1, 2, 3

Chloe Kim

American

Chloe is a senior at American University studying broadcast journalism with a minor in marketing. She is an avid pizza enthusiast, and her dream job is to be a travel writer.