Boy-Friendly Gifts Under $50

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Stuck on what holiday gift to get for the guy in your life? You’re not alone–sometimes the most low-maintenance guys are the toughest to shop for. So, take a deep breath, step away from that gift card (or worse, socks), and pick out a present he will actually be psyched to receive. Check out some of our top picks below. Best part? Everything here is $50 or less. Joy to the world, am I right?

1. For the wannabe paleontologist

Wine is one of the most commonly given holiday gifts, so your dude-friend may have a small collection by the time January rolls around. A goofy wine rack like this “Wine-O-Saur” is perfect for displaying his favorite bottles while throwing it back to the Late Jurassic period. 

2. For the dapper dude

If your boy-toy has a penchant for the finer things in life, give him something special that won’t break the bank. A preppy little detail like this Smathers & Branson needlepoint key fob is only $25, and with so many different styles, it’s super personalizable. This DC Flag fob would be perfect for any American University student, but there are also ones with animals, sports, and even fraternity letters.

3. For the champion of breakfasts

This is a five-minute in-home breakfast sandwich maker. Need I say more?

4. For the text-obsessed guy

If he can’t put his phone down for five minutes (Candy Crush addiction..it’s the realest), a cozy pair of tech gloves will protect your guy’s fingers from the cold all winter long. This pair even works for touch screen phones and tablets. Now he can keep warm and Instagram on.

5. For the sports fanatic

Earn cool-girlfriend points by giving him a vintage henley of his favorite team. He’ll love anything with their logo on it, but this shirt looks way more polished than a normal tee or jersey. Bonus for you: it’s super soft and perfect for cuddling. The gift that keeps on giving.

(Photo credits: wine rack from Uncommon Goods, key fob from Smathers & Branson, breakfast sandwich maker from Hamilton Beach, gloves from J.Crew, henley from Nordstrom)

Julia Reinstein is a junior at American University. She is studying journalism and hopes to one day write for a magazine. When she isn't writing, she keeps busy as a sister of Phi Sigma Sigma and student body Vice President. Her goals include traveling to Iceland, participating in a flashmob, meeting Hillary Clinton, and owning a mahogany spice rack. She passionately believes in the Oxford comma.