Contour and Blushes
Contour and Blushes
Sara Marsetti

Black-Owned Businesses You Should Support

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

As we are approaching the holiday season, now is a great time to support some amazing black-owned businesses. These black-owned brands are excellent choices for your shopping list!

Fenty Beauty 

One of the more famous black-owned beauty brands is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna. Fenty has attracted a lot of well-earned attention due to its emphasis on inclusion and diversity. Not to mention, they have some amazing products ranging from foundation, lip gloss, highlighters and much more. The Fenty gloss bomb in the shade ‘Fu$$y’ is a beautiful gloss that goes well with all different skin tones. If you love a shimmery glow, try out Fenty’s Killawatt highlighters. Rihanna offers a variety of different shades and undertones to go with every skin tone! Her products are perfect to add to your makeup collection. You will be glowing all day!

Kyn Care 

If you are looking for deliciously scented body care products, try out Kyn Care! It is a black-owned beauty brand that caters to skincare. Their website features products including body oils, body butters, mists, scrubs and more! Their products have incredible scents like sugar cookies, mango and cupcake frosting. They even offer skincare bundles of your favorite scents like brown sugar brulee, hot fudge brownies and butterscotch pound cake. Their products are vegan, cruelty-free and 100% handmade! If you are looking to show your skin some love, definitely give them a try!

Glazeish

If you want to smell like a literal dessert, try out the brand Glazeish! Glazeish is a black-female-owned brand that features dessert-themed skincare and makeup products. They sell lip scrubs, body glazes, spritzers, body oils and more! They offer a variety of delectable scents like peach cobbler, birthday cake and cotton candy! Their whipped body glazes are absolutely gorgeous and look just like frosting! Their products are vegan, cruelty-free and are made with skin-loving ingredients such as shea butter, mango butter and avocado oil. They specifically cater to skin concerns including dryness, stretch marks and dark spots. With their adorable packaging, their products would make for great gifts and stocking stuffer ideas! 

Ancient Cosmetics

Another great black-owned brand to support is Ancient Cosmetics. They cater to all types of skin concerns including hyperpigmentation, ingrown hairs and skin dryness. Their website features products like soaps, body scrubs, body butters, face wash, feminine care and so much more! Their products cater to men, women and kids too! They have amazing scents such as hot chocolate, toasted marshmallow and tropical pineapple & bergamot. Their island mango body oil smells like a tropical vacation in a bottle! These products are perfect for gift-giving and also for pampering yourself! 

Flatlay of cosmetic products on table
Photo by Janitzi Cosmetics

It is so important to continue to support hardworking brands and their creators in the industry. Treat yourself right by shopping with these amazing black-owned brands!

Lauren Easley

American '23

Lauren Easley is a junior at American University majoring in Communications and minoring in Marketing. She loves art, traveling, cooking, and design. Lauren is currently a feature writer for HCAU and is residing in DC.