The Best Late Night Food Options in DC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

It’s late at night. TDR and Tavern are long closed. You can feel your stomach growling.

But no need to worry—you don’t have to get Dominos again! No matter where you seem to have found your niche on campus, you will encounter the infamous late night munchies. After a long night on the town, cramming for an exam or just hanging out in your friend’s dorm room, you will want to know this list of nighttime dining options. So for all you new and curious freshmen, here are some of the hidden gems for all those late night cravings:

The Diner

Open 24/7 daily
2453 18th St., NW

Even if you aren’t of age to go to the bars in Adams Morgan, The Diner (owned by the same people as Tryst Coffeeshop and Open City) is an amazing 24/7 option. From burgers to eggs to grilled cheese, you can have it all and more.

Kramersbooks and Afterwords Café

Open Friday and Saturday 24 hours, Sunday through Thursday until 1:00 A.M.
1517 Connecticut Ave., NW

This Dupont Circle bookstore doubles as a hip, chill food and drink joint with everything from triple chocolate cake to seafood to ravioli. It’s definitely worth the trip even just to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere.

Osman and Joe’s Steak & Egg Kitchen

Open 24/7 daily
4700 Wisconsin Ave., NW

Located in Tenleytown, this convenient 24/7 diner-esque hot spot is sure to be packed with AU students on any given Friday or Saturday night. Whether your late night cravings are for an M&M milkshake, eggs or a chicken sandwich, Steak & Egg should be your go to.

Amsterdam Falafelshop

Open Friday and Saturday until 4:00 A.M.
2425 18th St., NW

Amsterdam Falafel is another Adams Morgan hot-spot, other than the assortment of Jumbo Slice locations. It’s great because the menu is so simple – Israeli falafel and fries. Once you get your falafel, you can put as many toppings and sauces on it as you’d like!

Ben’s Chili Bowl

1213 U St., NW

Ben’s is a local landmark to U St. Frequented by President Obama and Ella Fitzgerald, this popular dining option has only the best chili dogs and cheese fries. For you vegetarians, do not fret, there is also vegetarian chili!

Where do you like to eat late at night? Comment below!

Photo credit: http://thecityfix.com/files/2009/07/benschili.jpg

Lesley Siu graduated from American University in May 2013 with a BA in Film and Media Arts and minors in Marketing and International Business. Originally from Hawaii, she loves photography, fashion, travel, social media and everything Parisian. She has interned at GLAMOUR magazine in New York and Washington Life Magazine in DC, but her proudest accomplishment is founding Her Campus American in 2011 while interning in Melbourne, Australia. You can usually find her reading a magazine, enjoying a hazelnut latte or posting a photo on Instagram... and sometimes, all at the same time. Follow her on Twitter: @lesleysiu and visit her blog.