The Best Finds At CVS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

CVS is one of the best stores known to mankind. You can find anything in CVS. Need shampoo? CVS has it. Need nail polish? CVS has it. Need milk? CVS has it.

CVS is a wonderland of goodies ranging from beauty care items to pharmaceutical products to a wide variety of yummy snacks. CVS isn’t always given the credit it rightfully deserves. Here is a list of hidden gems that you can discover at the CVS conveniently located right here in good old Tenleytown.

1. Water bottles and Tumblers: Being a green campus, AU students pride themselves in their eco-friendly lifestyles. One way that we contribute to protecting the environment is by using reusable water bottles. If you are looking to purchase a reusable bottle that is reliable and won’t put a dent in your wallet, look no further than your local CVS. The Thermos Hydration 24 oz Bottle is cute, durable and only costs $9.99! 

2. Abound Snacks: Food is a very important part of any college kid’s life. However, finding food that is easy to store, is healthy and affordable can be difficult. As much as we love Whole Foods, it isn’t economical to shop there every time you need some snacks for your dorm. Luckily, CVS carries products that are nutritious and delicious! Here are a few:

CVS Gold Emblem Abound Granola and Berries ($4.29)

CVS Gold Emblem Gluten-free Blueberry Almond Rice Pop Clusters ($3.99) 

CVS Gold Emblem Abound Cranberry Oat Bran Cookies ($4.19)

CVS Gold Emblem Abound Sea Salt and Vinegar Flavored Rice Crisps ($2.49)

3. School Supplies: Do you ever run out of flashcards or realize that all your blue pens are almost out of ink? CVS has office supplies ranging from sharpies to binders to notebooks and more! Also, they are affordable and perfect for any college budget!

4. Medicine: With living in such close proximity to other students, it isn’t uncommon to wake up one morning with a sore throat or a runny nose. CVS offers a variety of medical products that are both brand name and CVS brand. The CVS brand medicine is usually cheaper and just as good. For instance, a box of Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Liquicaps costs $10.49; however, a box of CVS Non-Drowsy Daytime Multi-Symptom Cold/Flu Relief Softgels only costs $7.79. It may not seem like a huge difference, but every penny counts! 

5. OGX Hair Products: CVS is a great place to shop for all your hair care needs. One of my favorite hair care products is Keratin Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner. It is a little pricey at $7.99 a bottle; however, it smells great, does wonders for your hair and is against animal testing. 

6. Halloween Candy: Even though Halloween is weeks away, you can always trust CVS to have their bags of Halloween candy already out and ready to purchase by the beginning of September. So if you want to stock up early on some candy corn or are just craving a piece of chocolate in the middle of the night (it can really be any hour of the day or night since our Tenleytown CVS is conveniently open 24 hours), CVS has tons of of Halloween candy. 

7. Cleaning Supplies: It is important to keep your dorm room clean especially because it is such a small space and you are most likely living with two to three other people. If you need to stock up on some dish soap, cleaning wipes, or even paper towels, CVS has every type of cleaning supply you might need. Also, just like the health products, the CVS brand cleaning supplies are cheaper than brand name supplies and they are just as effective. 

8. Pond’s Dry Skin Cream: If you are looking for a rich moisturizer to keep your skin feeling clean and smooth, CVS has your answer. Pond’s Dry Skin Cream is a gentle and creamy skin cream that will not clog pores and keeps your skin hydrated. You can find it at CVS for only $5.29. 

9. Nail polish: CVS has a wide variety of nail polish colors and brands. You can buy Essie colors for $8.50 a bottle. If you are looking to save a little money, you can buy CoverGirl Glossy Days nail polish for only $3.79 a bottle. 

10. Receipts: CVS is known for their mile long receipts; however, those receipts are so long for a reason. They contain great deals such as $2 off your next purchase of $10 or more on haircare products or save 15% off your next purchase of cleaning products. I would advise to keep those receipts at the bottom of your purse because you never known when you might be able to snag to great deal. 

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 56, 7