Best Drugstore Hair Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

As collegiate women, we are always looking for the next big beauty product: something that will make you look perfectly put together with minimal effort and time. But as students, this miracle item must also be within our tight budgets. Finding a product that fits both is hard to do, but we’ve found five hair care products that are sure to fit your wallet and your style.

1. Pantene Pro-V Ice Shine Shampoo and Conditioner

This shampoo and conditioner duo will leave your hair shiny and full of life. When you lather up the product, it leaves a tingly, cool and clean feeling. This is a great way to prep your hair for further styling as it removes buildup and keeps your hair from looking dull. And with a $4 price tag, you can’t go wrong.

2. John Frieda’s Clear Shine Glaze

To add even more shine, try a daily shine treatment. John Frieda’s Clear Shine Glaze is a great option. Without depositing color, it coats your hair with a clear glaze in the shower, similar to the way a deep conditioner works. Leave on for 3 minutes for a mirror-like shine that can’t be beat.

3. L’Oreal Curl Smoothing Cream

For anyone with curly or wavy hair like me, you know it is a struggle between managing frizz, weighing down your hair, and keeping your curls from looking crunchy. The perfect solution to this is a cream gel product, such as L’Oréal’s Curl Smoothing Cream. Costing only $5, it has the holding power of a gel and the soft look of a cream, the ideal combination for beautiful curls.

4. TRESemme Split Remedy 

Stuck with damaged hair and worried that there is no fix? Not to fear, TRESemmé has the product for you. The Split Remedy line is great for anyone with frayed or dry hair—not only does it repair damage that is already done, it also prevents any future split ends. Incorporate this into your daily routine for strong, healthy hair.

5. Boar Bristle Brush

To add the perfect finishing touch on your hair, make sure you have the right kind of brush to deliver it. While normal plastic brushes snag and tear your hair, a boar bristle brush with glide smoothly through your hair without damage.

What’s your favorite drugstore hair product? Comment below!

Photo credits: Pantene Ice Shine, John Frieda Clear Shine Glaze, TRESemméSplit Remedy, Boar bristle brush, L’oreal Curl Smoothing Cream

Lesley Siu graduated from American University in May 2013 with a BA in Film and Media Arts and minors in Marketing and International Business. Originally from Hawaii, she loves photography, fashion, travel, social media and everything Parisian. She has interned at GLAMOUR magazine in New York and Washington Life Magazine in DC, but her proudest accomplishment is founding Her Campus American in 2011 while interning in Melbourne, Australia. You can usually find her reading a magazine, enjoying a hazelnut latte or posting a photo on Instagram... and sometimes, all at the same time. Follow her on Twitter: @lesleysiu and visit her blog.