Attend NYWICI’s Student Communications Career Conference in NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Are you interested in pursuing the field of communications after graduation? Would you like to hear professionals within your chosen field discuss how they got to where they are today? Do you want to meet other students interested in the same field? Then, check out The New York Women in Communication Foundation’s annual Student Communications Career Conference on Saturday, Nov. 5.

The day-long conference features communication professionals speaking on various topics, including beauty & fashion, digital media, non-profit, public relations, TV and film, and more. The keynote speaker is Liz Perle, who tracks teen and emerging trends on Instagram. Previously, she worked at the Huffington Post.

This year’s event is at the Kimmel Center at NYU and starts at 8 a.m. The cost for student members of New York Women in Communications is $75 while non-student members pay $95. Groups larger than 10 people can register together and save $15. You can register here. 

The New York Women in Communications serves and empowers women in communications through professional career development events, mentoring programs, Twitter chats with professionals and more. They award annual scholarships to college women studying communications.

Photo Credit: 1

Chelsea Cirruzzo is a sophomore at American University studying Public Relations and Strategic Communications. She is originally from Long Island. In addition to writing for Her Campus American, Chelsea is a Community-Based Research Scholar as well as a Resident Assistant. When not reading or writing, Chelsea can be found seeking out pizza wherever it might be or talking about feminism.