This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Dear Her:

Recently, I feel like all I have been doing is apologizing to my friends. I don’t know if I am paranoid or if I keep making mistakes. I don’t want to lose my friends and I don’t know what to do. 

Sincerely, 

Sorry Sally

Dear Sorry Sally,

I can only imagine how it must feel to have the need to say sorry for everything you say or do. Something important for you to remember is that your feelings are valid as well. It is important to focus on the relationships you do have and have conversations about how you are feeling. 

Yes, you may be overthinking things, but until you discuss this with your friends there is no way to know how your words are affecting them.

Sincerely,

Her

Ask Her is Her Campus at American’s advice column. If you would like to receive advice, please submit a form here and look out for a response in a future article!

Ask Her

American '30

Ask Her is Her Campus at American’s advice column. If you would like to receive advice, please submit a form and look out for a response in a future article!