Anything Goes in “Wicked City”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

In the words of Cole Porter, “now heaven knows, anything goes.”

Ed Westwick is back and badder than ever in the new ABC thriller, “Wicked City.” The new show premiered on October 27, 2015 and people can’t stop talking about it and I finally understand why. Ten minutes into the first episode, I was hooked. Fall in love with “Wicked City” with its alluring L.A. Sunset Strip backdrop and cool 80’s soundtrack because we all know that the 80’s was a magical time.

It’s been three years since the end of “Gossip Girl” and Chuck Bass. But it’s time to move on from the Upper East Side of New York City to the beautiful Sunset Strip of Los Angeles.

Ed Westwick’s new character, Kent Galloway, will give you the chills. Especially once you hear his murderous pick-up lines for unsuspecting young women and girls. (“Hi, I’d like to make a dedication please.”) Kent entices his victims by giving them what they want; his charismatic personality makes any girl swoon. The seemingly sweet, innocent, and charming man will stab you in the back when you least expect it (Just wait until you meet Kent’s girlfriend and accomplice Betty!)

Take a look inside the life and mind of a serial killer. While you may learn about getting away with murder on ABC’s show “How to Get Away with Murder,” sit down and observe a murderer’s thoughts and actions in “Wicked City.”

If you love “Gossip Girl” and “How To Get Away with Murder,” then you’ll surely love “Wicked City.”

Be sure to catch the new show Tuesdays at 10pm on ABC!

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4

Brittany Roberts is a Freshman at American University. Her major is Business and Entertainment. She plays the piano, violin, and guitar and loves poetry.