Since our launch in 2011, Her Campus American has been fortunate enough to cover and talk with incredible women on campus who demonstrate exemplary character. In an effort to recognize the women who make our community special, this year we will be honoring five women, one from each school on campus. The inaugural dinner will include a reception for winners to share their accomplishments from this past year with the Her Campus Executive Board and American University administrators.
- Students must be an undergraduate at American University
- Students will either nominate themselves, or will be nominated by a member of the American University community who can speak on their behalf
- One winner will be chosen from each of the five undergraduate schools on campus
- Recipients will be selected by Her Campus American Executive Board and American University administrators
- Nominations will be due Sunday, March 29 at 11:59 p.m.
- Winners will be notified no later than Sunday, April 5 at 11:59 p.m.
Women of the Year Mission Pillars:
- Great concern for social engagement within American University and local communities
- Strong commitment to academics and application beyond the classroom
- Willingness to share her understanding with the wider community
- Drive to help other women by devoting time and energy to the progress of women
- Consistently striving to be a trailblazer in the field she is most passionate about