Alert! @BadGalRiri is Back on Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Get your phones out and refollow, Rihanna is back on Instagram after a six month absence. Riri had her account banned back in April after she shared topless photos from her LUI Magazine cover shoot. In case you didn’t know, Instagram has a strict no nudity policy. She was fed up with the social media site and never returned using Twitter as a hub for photo sharing and status updates. 

During her absence, die hard Rihanna fans called Rihanna Navy petitioned for her return to Instagram on Twitter. She reunited with her 13 million instagram followers early Sunday, November 2nd. Rihanna surprised everyone when she posted an upside down selfie with the caption “Hellurrr #badgalback.” It was her first post since May 3rd. A drawing showing her “RIHunion” with instagram was next. “RIHunion” was even trending on twitter because fans were so excited to see her back.

Rihanna’s instagram always stirred controversy. While she was on her Diamonds World Tour, she posted photos of herself posing in front of a mosque in Abu Dhabi. When she was in Thailand, she posted a photo of holding an endangered animal getting two Thai men arrested.

Hopefully Instagram won’t be too hard on Riri again. Move over Beyonce and Kim Kardashian, the Queen of Instagram is back.

Tamara Young is a sophomore studying Political Science and Public Communications.