8 Thoughts We’re Having About Beyoncé’s Baby News

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

On Wednesday afternoon Beyoncé took to Instagram to announce that she is pregnant with not one, but TWO new additions to the Carter family! Of course the whole world freaked out at possibly the best news of 2017. Here are just a few thoughts going through our head in the wake of Bey’s iconic announcement!

1. She’s adding to the group of future celebrity children that will rule Hollywood in their teens and twenties

You know how Gigi & Bella Hadid, Jaden & Willow Smith, Kendall & Kylie Jenner, and Hailey Baldwin (to name a few) are the current ‘cool kids’ of Hollywood? We’re looking at a future squad with even more famous and talented parents. Just look at this line up:

Blue Ivy (& twins) – via Queen Bey & Jay-Z

North & Saint West – via Kim Kardashian & Kanye West

Reign, Penelope & Mason Disick – via Kourtney Kardashian & Scott Disck

Luna Stephens (& future baby boy) – via Chrissy Tegien & John Legend

James & Ines Reynolds – via Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds

Esmeralda & Amanda Gosling – via Ryan Gosling & Eva Mendes

Wyatt & Dimitri Kutcher – via Mila Kunis & Ashton Kutcher

Just imagine if that squad of offspring all hung out together!!

2. Her legacy will live on without a doubt

Think Diana Ross and her children. Blue Ivy Carter was already going to carry on the iconic couple’s legacy, but we’ve just been gifted a whole family tree of Knowles-Carter descendants!

3. The sheer potential for these kids’ future is UNREAL

The world is quite literally their oyster.  The possibilities are endless. Whether they end up in the music industry, in fashion, film, or if they just want to hang out and try to be normal everyday people – these twins are going to be born with every opportunity they need. Mama Bey will make sure of it!

New R&B duo, Chloe x Halle are Beyoncé’s newest protégés. They are sisters from Atlanta with an amazing sound. If the twins end up in the music industry, Chloe x Halle are a great example of what kind of mentor and coach Beyoncé will be for her kids.

4. Blue is going to be a big sis!

After 5 years of Blue Ivy cuteness, we finally get to see a new side to the Knowles-Carter family dynamic. No more family photos with just Blue and her parents. Get ready for the most adorable big sister moments between Blue Ivy and her new sibs!

5. The OUTFITS!!

Will Beyoncé dress the twins alike? Will they wear matching head-to-toe Givenchy baby outfits? Think of the Halloween costumes! These children will be style icons at birth!

6. If you haven’t already, book your Coachella tickets NOW!

Beyoncé was already showing (like a lot) in her announcement photo. Which means… by April a.k.a. Coachella, Beyoncé will be performing fully prego and probably in six inch heels. If anyone can do it it’s Queen Bey.

7. Remember that time Blue Ivy was featured on Beyoncé’s self-titled album?

What part will the twins have in her next project? Will their heartbeats be the beat of one of her songs? Will their ultrasound photo be the cover of her next album? Who knows?!

8. WHAT WILL THEIR NAMES BE?

Blue Ivy is arguably the most unique name in the celebrity baby circle (and that’s saying a lot). There is also significant meaning behind her name. We’re dying to find out what Bey and Jay decide to name these two new bundles of joy!

We wish Beyoncé and Jay-Z a happy and healthy pregnancy and we’re SO excited to watch them grow up!!

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Jackie Anyanwu is a senior at American University, studying Public Relations and Marketing. Jackie is Her Campus American's Social Media Director and when she's not scrolling through Instagram, she's embarking on her latest Netflix binge or creating yet another Spotify playlist. Jackie is a self proclaimed media and pop culture junkie, interested in the Fashion and Entertainment industries. She is passionate about sharing unique and diverse voices through the power of storytelling and hopes to make a difference in the representation of marginalized groups in the fashion and entertainment industries.