8 Brands That Will Help You Get Through the Semester

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

We survived midterms (barely) and now we’re working our way through the final push. With essay deadlines fast approaching and exam content piling higher with every lecture, it’s enough not to keep your head from spinning off. Luckily, Her Campus noticed our distress and decided to reach out with a Back to School Survival Kit. Here’s how HC Nationals is helping our team bounce back and conquer those research projects: 

1. Freeman Beauty Products

These Freeman Beauty masks are perfect for making you feel fresh and rejuvenating. Putting on the Cucumber and Pink Salt Clay Mask, you immediately feel the soothing effects of the clay while the pink salt digs into those pores. The Manuka Honey Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask and Cleanser is also great for acne-prone skin as it both soothes and controls oils on the skin, tackling that stubborn t-zone. Finally, the Detoxifying Charcoal and Black Sugar Mud Mask makes your skin feel pillow soft. The charcoal works miracles to take off toxins and oils from your skin and leave you with a fresh, clean slate. Each of these masks are perfect for a Girl’s Night In with your friends or a movie binging marathon! 

2. Aeropostale Denim

We’re seeing denim everywhere this fall: from ripped jeans to oversized jackets. Pretty soon Justin Timberlake and Brittany Spears’ tragic matching red carpet denim will once again be a fashion inspiration. Aeropostale is hitting this trend this season and we are for it. These colored wallets made of a fun fall palette and hair ties will go with any denim you decide to rock. 

3. Bed Head by TGI Products

Bad hair days happen. When the weather is being fickle and you have 10 exams in one day, your hair can be a monster. These Bed Head products have been a lifesaver to our HCAU team. The Masterpiece Shine Hairspray and Hard Head Hairspray make going out a lot safer – especially if you aren’t sure what type of weather you’ll be walking into. The Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo and Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo will also make no one know you pulled an all-nighter to get through that Chem exam. 

4. Spindrift Sparkling Water 

Staying hydrated is one of the most helpful things you can do for your body. When you drink water, your skin is better, you lose more weight, you prevent cramps, you get better sleep, and the list goes on. To make drinking water feel a little less like drinking water, Spindrift Sparkling Water makes hydration easy by flavoring their water with real fruit – no sugar, no calories, all the benefit.  

5.  Erin Condren Planner

We hope none of your midterms snuck up on you but with 5 million to-dos on your plate, sometimes due dates can slip through the cracks. This life-planner from Erin Condren allows you to stay on time and keep up with all the little deadlines that you tell yourself you will remember and only do 3 days too late.

6. HI-CHEW Candy

Everyone needs a bit of sweet in their life. The idea for HI-CHEW candy originated from Japanese candy-making skills back in the 1800s. Now, the soft , chewy fruity candy is the #1 soft candy in Japan but is found to be tasty in other parts of Asia and America – even at our weekly HCAU meetings. 

7. L’Oréal Paris Tanner and Moisturizer

In winter, we get pasty and crack. The Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes and Sublime Bronze ProPerfect Salon Airbrush Mist from L’Oreal Paris will trick your skin into looking like it’s summer in December. The Paris Hydra Genius Moisturizer will also fight against the hard winter weather. 

8. Steripod Toothbrush Protector 

We put our toothbrushes in our mouth twice a day – let’s keep them clean. 

We’re gonna kill this semester. 

All Photos Taken by HCAU Social Media Editor Katrina Kincade 

A senior and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at American who enjoys reading banned books and drinking overpriced coffee. 
Shannon is the former Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus American University. She is a Psychology major and is also a senior on the varsity swim team.