7 Ways Your Squad Is Just As Awesome As Taylor Swift’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Taylor Swift’s model squad has been dominating pop culture news and social media for several months now. The members’ achievements, style and A-list hangouts are the envy of many. But few non-celeb girl squads realize that they possess just as much “slayage.” Most of us aren’t multiplatinum recording artists, Victoria’s Secret supermodels or fashion it-girls, but we do have friends just as awesome as the one in the ‘Bad Blood’ music video.

First, you support each other. So maybe you can’t star in your BFF’s music video (or maybe you can) but you help a sister out when she needs it. Going to a friend’s Acapella concert or soccer game is just as cool and supportive as going to the VMA’s with her. 

Second, you’re perfectly fine having a girl’s night in. Though you’re not in a million dollar apartment in NYC, your dorm room can be just as fun. You’ve most likely had your girls over for a Netflix pajama party. #NoMakeupNoProblem

Third, your girl’s men are (sometimes) allowed. We know that Joe Jonas has been your boyfriend since before Camp Rock, but since he is currently with Gigi and hanging with her squad, maybe you can let your real life BF hang with you and your ladies.

Fourth, you cook and bake together. Whether you are actually baking, like Karlie Kloss, or you bought some Milanos from the Eagle’s Nest, you are still having a rager with no guys needed.

Fifth, you travel as a squad. You might not walk a runway together, come out on stage at a friend’s world tour, or go to various award shows together and premiere in music videos. But you and your squad stay together on a night out, get dinner as a group, and just walk around campus together. These things are just as good as what the Swifty squad does. You are sticking together and showing how much girl power you have.

Sixth, you spend holidays together. So you’re not at a mansion in the Hampton’s on the fourth. But, having a night in on Valentine’s Day counts too! Squad Secret Santa’s and coordinated Halloween costumes are also awesome ways to be together.

Seventh, your sisters are totally a apart of the squad. Yes, the members of your squad are your sisters too, but your actual blood sisters are squad members too. Just like Gigi and Bella, you and your sister slay everything and your baby sis can hang with your pals.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3