7 Ways to Save Time Before Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Ever find yourself running late for class? We’ve all been there. Here are seven tips to help you save just a little bit of time in the morning without skipping any of your daily routine!

1. Showers probably take up the most time during our morning routines. One way to minimize your time in the shower is to try not washing your hair every single morning. Skipping a few days in-between is actually healthier for your hair! On a hair-washing day make sure that you shampoo twice, once to bring the oils to the surface and once to wash them out! This will keep your hair looking fresher for longer and save you time in the shower the next morning (or two). 

2. An awesome new invention is Vaseline’s new Spray and Go moisturizer. This stuff does not leave a sticky residue on your skin so you don’t have to wait for it to dry. It sprays on clear and sinks into your skin immediately! 

3. When choosing your outfit, try to make sure that you own a few staple pieces so that you don’t have to spend too much time putting things together. Something like a chunky sweater and a scarf that makes a statement will keep you comfy on one of your sleepier days, while still looking fashionable. 

4. Make a playlist the night before full of your favorite, up-beat songs. Click play and sing along while you’re getting ready. This will wake you up faster and put you in a good mood. (Just maybe use headphones if you have a roommate.)

5. You’re beautiful without makeup, but I know that this is a step that not everyone wants to skip. Try using BB cream. This works like a foundation but is ultra moisturizing. It looks natural and brightens your face right up. So you don’t have to worry as much about blending and it is a two-in-one product so it will save you half the time!

6. If you like to put eye makeup on try finding a color that you can put all over your lid, you definitely don’t want to spend your time shading and fading while also searching for clean brushes. One of my all time favorites is the color “Kitten” by Stila. This color is a shimmering rose gold and looks great with every skin tone. It makes all eye colors pop, which is perfect for tricking people into thinking you haven’t just rolled out of bed. 

7. You’ve probably all heard of the putting your alarm clock across the room so you are forced to get out of bed the first time it goes off. This doesn’t work for everybody because I know iPhone addicts like myself tend to peruse Facebook in the middle of the night, but try finding an App that works for you! There are tons of Apps like “SpinMe” which forces you to hold your phone and spin in a circle to turn your alarm off, or Apps like Sleep Time and Sleep Cycle that follow your nightly movement so that the alarm will go off during a time that you are not in a deep sleep, which will make it easier on you. 

So good luck, I hope these tips will provide you with smoother mornings and sweeter dreams. 

Phtoto Sources:

Overslept

Showercap

Vaseline Spray and Go

Sweaters

Headphones

BB Cream

Eyeshadow

SpinMe