7 Things Joe Biden Should Do After His Term

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Let’s all face it: we’re at least a little disappointed that Joe Biden isn’t running in the upcoming presidential race. However, once his term as Vice President ends, this leaves him with a lot of free time! Here are some things we definitely think Joe Biden should do now:

1. Drive an ice cream truck

It’s no secret that Joe Biden loves ice cream, particularly of the vanilla variety. Perhaps his next calling is becoming an ice cream truck driver! Who wouldn’t love to be served ice cream by the former Vice President? As long as he doesn’t serve only vanilla.

2. Go jogging more with his old buddy, Barack Obama

The pair were videoed jogging around the White House in their ties and dress pants as part of Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move campaign. At the end of the video, Biden asks, “Same time next week?” and Obama agrees, “Same time next week.” This cute tradition better continue past the White House because who doesn’t love two guys jogging in their work clothes?

3. Visit Hunter more

Rumor has it that Hunter Biden lives just up the road from American University (in a house that the Secret Service just happens to sit out in front of every day…). All joking aside, Biden suffered a serious loss when his son Beau died and we expect him to want to spend a lot of time with his family after his term. Nonetheless, it would still be exciting if Joe rolled past AU on his way to Hunter’s house…

4. Start an advice column

Maybe it’s something in the smile, but Joe Biden definitely seems like the kind of guy who would be great with giving advice. He definitely seems down-to-earth enough and well-reasoned to give you advice on anything from dating to friend problems.

5. Join Saturday Night Live

Biden has been successfully spoofed several times on SNL, from his addresses to the vice presidential debates between him and Sarah Palin as well as Paul Ryan. Wouldn’t we love to see Biden begin playing himself or, after his term, spoofing other politicians (maybe even Bernie Sanders?) on the long-running satirical show? Maybe even Obama can join in.

6. Go on “Dancing With The Stars”

Can’t you just see Joe performing a fox trot? Personally, I’d like to see him doing the harder moves, performing some jazz or perhaps making up his own interpretative dance. 

7. Drop a mix tape

To be honest, don’t you kind of wonder what Joe listens to? Is it fire? I hope we get to find out.

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Chelsea Cirruzzo is a sophomore at American University studying Public Relations and Strategic Communications. She is originally from Long Island. In addition to writing for Her Campus American, Chelsea is a Community-Based Research Scholar as well as a Resident Assistant. When not reading or writing, Chelsea can be found seeking out pizza wherever it might be or talking about feminism.