7 Hot Male Olympic Athletes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

With the 2014 Winter Olympics just around the corner, everyone is talking about it.  Every time any Olympics, whether summer or winter, rolls around the world stops and comes together to compete.  It’s a big deal and the 2014 Sochi Olympics is no different.  But the big deal really is the Olympic athletes, right? You cannot even deny that you watch it for the eye-candy sometimes.  Here are some of the most famous eye-candies in the recent Olympics past.

(In no particular order)

1. Tom Daley

There has been been major news surrounding this British diver, but one thing that is indisputable is his handsome face and sculpted body.  With recent news that he is, in fact, in a relationship with a man, millions of girls’ hearts are crushed.  However, that is good news to the gay fellows.

2. Nathan Adrian

Adrian made his debut in the 2008 summer Olympics in Beijing and won the gold medal for the 4×100-meter freestyle relay.  He’s been awfully busy since; especially with all the on-the-side swimming competition he takes on.  But that doesn’t stop him from being a hunk.  He is a favorite amongst the ladies.

3. Louis Smith

Despite not being a gold medalist and only a bronze for Pommel Horse, Smith has still been making news for his good looks. His hair is really the news maker.  His wavy faux hawk is definitely worthy of swooning over.  Besides the hair, ladies just can’t get enough of the prominent jawline and crazy bone structure.

4. Jordan Burroughs

USA’s Jordan Burroughs is yet another favorite.  He has won every wrestling contest he has entered since 2009.  Just one look at his body and girls go crazy.  His muscles are chiseled to perfection, almost like a Greek god.  And let’s not forget that tattoo on his chest.

5. Clemente Russo

Italian heavyweight boxer Clemente Russo won a silver medal in the last Olympics, but he takes the gold medal for best facial hair.  His scruffy beard is the masculine accessory to compliment his six packs.  All you need to do is ignore that hideous watch on his wrist.

6. Ryan Lochte

It doesn’t get much hotter than this USA swimmer.  With his rock-hard body and twinkling blue eyes, this man is unstoppable.  He is always a crowd favorite and a constant heartthrob.  The USA is so lucky to have been blessed with such a good looking gold medalist. If only his words were are smooth as his strokes.

7. Michael Phelps

Last but not least, Phelps is quite possibly the most famous Olympics athlete in recent history.  He has won more Olympics medal than any other athlete in Olympics history.  And he has become an international heartthrob since.  During the years after the 2008 summer Olympics, all you would ever hear on the news was about Phelps.  He sure made a splash.

Photo Credit: