6 Things To Know About Theo James

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Currently we all anxiously await the arrival of the second installment of the Divergent Series, Insurgent. I, for one, am excited to see the movie for multiple reasons. One of those reasons is Theo James. Theo plays Four in the movies, a Dauntless instructor with a twisted past who falls in love with the main character, Tris. Ever since Divergent came out last year, the world has fallen more in love with the series and with Theo. Here’s five reasons why you should be in love with him too!

1. He’s British.

Although his character Four doesn’t have an accent, Theo does. He was born in Oxford, Oxforshire, which is in South England. Over the years he has become a master of many different accents, one of them being his legendary American accent, which he uses in the Divergent movies. His trick? He speaks only in his American accent through the entire time they are filming, so that he doesn’t slip up on camera! He was so good with it that when they first met, co-star Shailene Woodley didn’t even believe that he was British.

2. He was on Downton Abbey.

One of his more memorable roles, was when he guest starred on Downton Abbey. He played Mr. Kemal Pamuk, a Turisk diplomat who quickly falls for Lady Mary Crawley. However his character is best known for having a heart attack while having sex with Lady Crawly, and then dying in her bed. #AWKWARD. Well, at least he can laugh about it!

3. He’s cheeky.

Ever since Divergent came out, Theo has become known for his legendary interviews. He is very funny and quick witted, and often has no boundaries when it comes to what to say or how to answer a question. This leaves both fans and interviewers flustered in his wake. #swoon

4. He sings.

Theo has been in many bands over the years, but his most recent one is called Shere Khan. Their songs have more of an indie/ folk sound too it, and there are countless YouTube videos of their songs to listen too. Check one out here.

5. He’s hot.

I mean, just look at him.

6. He’s a good friend to his co-stars.

At this point, Shailene Woodley and Theo James are fully comfortable with each other. They have filmed two movies together, and are gearing up to film two more. Their friendship is adored by everyone, as fans call them “Sheo”. They are so cute together, and they often spend their interviews gushing about each other. Shailene has said how comfortable she is with Theo, because of his hilariousness and overall protective nature. Shailene had also commented on Theo’s overall character, calling him kind hearted. She had even said that he is a good kisser! Oh, how our hearts swoon with Sheo feels.  

See?! I mean what’s not to love about him! Make sure to check Theo out, alongside Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort, in The Divergent Series: Insurgent on March 20, 2015. 

Photo/ GIF Credit: Cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Public Communications Major and Multi-Ethnic Studies Minor at American University. Junior. Free Spirit. Dreamer. Master of tripping over own two feet.