5 Yellow Pieces for Spring Inspired by the Yellow Ribbon Fund

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Lighten up your spring transition with a pop of yellow! The Yellow Ribbon Fund is a charity that helps injured veterans returning to the D.C. area from Iraq and Afghanistan. The organization provides “free hotel rooms and apartments for visiting family members” as well as emotional support for veterans’ families and caregivers. For the week of April 7 – April 10, the Yellow Ribbon Fund is hosting events on campus and is helping spread the word about their cause. To show your support further, here are five statement pieces you should incorporate into your wardrobe this week!

If you want to get involved with Yellow Ribbon Week at American University, check this out to find out more about the events going on!

1.     Forever 21 – Retro Lace Dress, $22.80

This classic design flatters every body type, and its pale yellow color goes well with every skin tone! Pair this with a cute pair of flats and a comfy cardigan and you’re set!

2. H&M – Narrow Belt, $5.95

While this is not as bold as an entirely yellow dress, the message is loud and clear. Style this belt with a crop top and some high-waisted jeans (and a yellow ribbon, of course!)

3. Zara – High-Rise Shorts, $25.90

Seriously, who doesn’t love Zara? You can dress these shorts up with a cute blouse and wedges or dress them down with a flowy tank and a pair of sandals—your choice!

4. Stella & Dot – Norah Chandeliers, $49.00

Earrings are the best accessories to add some sparkle. Brighten up your spring wardrobe with these beautiful chandeliers; not only will you be supporting an amazing cause by wearing the color, but you’ll look fashionable while doing so.

5. Nasty Gal – Chained Hearts Shades, $22.00

Embrace your inner hipster and invest in a pair of heart-eyed sunglasses—you’ll definitely need some while you’re quadding! These are tinted yellow so the color isn’t as obvious, but hey, it’s all to support veterans who risked their lives for us!

6. Yellow Ribbon Fund – Cute Panda, Priceless

American students involved with Yellow Ribbion Fund decorated the entire campus in yellow ribbons to raise awareness about the cause. If you don’t want to spend money, make like this panda and pick up a ribbon in MGC this week!

Photo Credits:

1 2 3 4 5

Gabriella Salazar is a junior at American University studying Public Communication and Marketing. She hails from sunny, sunny Los Angeles, California and her proudest moment is meeting Ryan Gosling at the Gangster Squad Premier in January 2013. She's a lover of ballet, wheat thins, food, music and cats; a hater of all things dumb and annoying--like traffic.