5 Workouts for the Busy Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

We all want to be fit and fabulous.  However, getting a good workout in the midst of a full course load and multiple clubs can be extremely difficult.  Especially while trying to study for that upcoming test in statistics and write an essay for college writing.  Nevertheless, getting that blood flowing and avoid being stagnant is what is most going to help you reach that beach bod by April and most importantly lowering the risk for high blood pressure and diabetes.  The latest trend in fitness is working out while sitting at a desk at work or doing other normal day-to-day activities.

1. Wake up Call:  While brushing your teeth do a couple of calf raises.  Stand on your tippy toes and rise up and down.  Teeth are supposed to be brushed for a total of two minutes, which will give you enough time to get those calves tight.
  2. Class: The professor has been lecturing for 15 minutes and you are already drifting off to sleep.  Instead of staying in place, work your perfect bikini butt. Squeeze your buttocks for 5-10 seconds and then release which will work on toning muscles that lift your butt.
  3. Lunch: You are running off to finish some last minute things while you pick up some lunch to go (obviously you opt for a bottled water instead of the calorie filled soft drinks). While you walk to your next class, use the water bottle as a weight to do bicep curls.
  4. Studying: Whether you are studying at a desk or on your bed, get up! If you really want to tone those legs, sit up against the wall with your knees at a 90-degree angle.  Try to hold it for at least one minute before giving yourself a 3-minute break.  Keep doing that until you are done with your reading.
  5. Sleep: The best way to fall asleep is after having stretched.  Do some routine stretching before going to sleep and if you really feel adventurous, look up some yoga poses to really go the extra mile.  Some poses are specifically designed to help sleep.

Click here for more easy exercises to fit into your everyday routine.

Image Source: http://media3.onsugar.com/files/2012/10/42/5/192/1922729/6d9adbae9e71317f_cute-workout-woman.xxxlarge_1.jpg

Mireille Olivo is a senior at American University studying Public Communication with a minor in health promotion. She is a self-proclaimed southern belle, sunset enthusiast, avid rock climber, Quentin Tarantino fan, and smiler.  When she isn't writing for HCAU, y'all can find her giving tours or strolling alongside the Potomac river. After graduation, Mireille plans on pursuing a career in public relations for the political movement.