5 Upcoming Concerts in DC on a College Student’s Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

It’s every college student’s worst nightmare: overpaying for a concert. While living in D.C. definitely comes with its perks, it can also come with an expensive price tag. In the next coming months, there are tons of great concerts in D.C. that will satisfy most college students’ budgets. From hip-hop to EDM and everything in between, there is bound to be a show for everyone!

1. Aesop Rock with Rob Sonic: March 1, 7:00 PM at the 9:30 Club

One of the hottest DJs, rapper, and hip-hop recording artist will be taking over the capital in March! Hail Mary Mallon, Aesop Rock and Rob Sonic will perform their most popular tracks off their new album, Bestiary. Tickets start at only $20, and it’ll be an unforgettable night featuring great beats and an amazing atmosphere at DC’s signiture 9:30 Club.

2. Maroon 5 World Tour with Magic! and Rozzi Crane: March 2, 7:30 PM at the Verizon Center

D.C. is just one of many stops on Maroon 5’s world tour across North America, Europe and Africa. The group will be performing hits like “Maps,” and “Animals” from their album V, which debuted as number 1 on the U.S. Billboard 200. Reggae fusion band Magic! will also be performing their widely known hit “Rude.” Joining them will be up-and-coming singer Rozzi Craine, who just signed on to Adam Levine’s new record label. Tickets start at only $40, and are going fast, so be sure to stop by TicketMaster ASAP!

3. Magic Man: March 12, 7:30 PM at the Black Cat

If you love electronic rock and a great time, then you must see Magic Man at D.C.’s very own Black Cat. In 2010, Magic Man transformed the EDM scene by infusing rock into their songs. The band will be playing some of their popular hits like “Paris” from their first album Before the Waves, that was released in July. Tickets range from $18-$20 and guarantee an amazing night. 

4. Tiesto with Tigerlily: March 14 and 15, 9:00 PM at Echostage

It doesn’t get much better than a great EDM show at Echostage. Grammy winning DJ Tiesto will take over one of D.C.’s best music venues with DJ Tigerlily. Known for his great live shows and incredible remixes of popular tracks, Tiesto’s concert will be an amazing dance party. Tickets start at $50, and the event is also 18+!

5. Sleeping with Sirens and Pierce the Veil: February 18, 7:00 PM at The Fillmore Silver Spring

Last but certainly not least, Sleeping with Sirens and Pierce the Veil will be hitting the district! The two popular hardcore punk bands will be performing hits from all of their albums. Sleeping with Sirens will for sure put on a show that will leave you wanting more. Opening act, Pierce the Veil, will also be playing tracks off their album Collide With the Sky that was recently ranked #12 on the billboard “Top 200.” Although these tickets might be a bit pricey (ranging from $77-109), fans will be sure to get their money’s worth in an unforgettable night.

Now go dance, sing, and enjoy yourself!

Image Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Originally from Boston, but DC is my new home. International Relations Major who loves exploring the city with friends.Often found on campus in the library or the balconies of the SIS building.Heart belongs to traveling, shopping, friends and family, and Phi Sigma Sigma :) Follow on instagram at jena_doyle or twitter @oNe_N_jeNa