5 Tips For Six-Pack Abs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

1.         Tip: Skip The Crunches

Crunches are an “old-school” abs exercise. In fact, they are relatively useless for most people that do crunches because they are not being done properly. If not done correctly, crunches can become more of a neck workout that anything else. Instead of crunches opt for a 1:00 plank then repeat 3-5 times.

2.         Tip: Watch What You Eat

Diet matters! What you put in your body effects you completely! Just because you are exercising everyday, doesn’t mean you’re in the clear. What you put in your body can completley reverse all the hours spent at the gym. Many nutritionists argue that diet is 80% and exercise is 20% to achieving results. Maintaining a well balanced diet will help to get that bikini body.

3.        Tip: Limit The Fruit and Vegetables

Veggies and fruits are a great option instead of snacking on chips. However, too much of anything isn’t good for you. Fruit and vegetables are packed with sugar, even though it is natural sugar, our body still needs to break down that sugar. Fruits and vegetables are also full of fiber, which can bloat your stomach. Specific vegetables to avoid when bloating are broccoli, cauliflower, apples.

4.         Tip: Skip The Gum

When you are chewing gum, you are not just chewing gum but you are inhaling an influx of air. The annihilation of air can cause indigestion and stomach bloat.

5.         Tip: Drink Water

The most important fitness type any fitness guru can offer you is to DRINK WATER! Water helps to keep you feeling full longer, helps to detox your body of toxins, and the list continues.

Photo credit: http://www.castlewoodtc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/health-and-fitnes…