5 Things to Do With Your Long Distance Boyfriend for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Back in the fall, I wrote about being in a long distance relationship. Hopefully, the article was useful; however, now more than ever, it is important to pay attention to your significant other. Valentines Day is a major hallmark in a relationship – it is a day of reflection of why you truly love your partner. Whether it has been a week or a year, it is important to take this day to express to them how you really feel. Having been through one long distance Valentines Day already, I felt that I could share a few ideas to help spice this day up a bit.

1)   Plan a Skype dinner date

Like I said in the fall, Skype is a key application in keeping the flame alive in your relationship. With Skype, you are able to see your partner and can sit for hours talking and laughing together. On Valentines Day, you can order from the same type of take-out restaurant, or maybe even cook the same dish. This will help you to bond over the food, and it could never hurt to set up a candle on each end to help with the romance part!

2)   Send him/her a care package

Last year, my wonderful boyfriend took the time to send me the most adorable care package. Inside was one major Hershey kiss (which I have not eaten even to this day), and a package of mini Hershey kisses. The pun to the package – I had one big kiss from him, and when I was thinking about him a lot, I could have little kisses as well.  Quite cute – don’t you think? Anyways, if you are planning on doing a package, think of some cute and innovative ways to distinguish this package from any other one. Maybe throw in a CD filled with adorable love songs? Part of the fun is knowing how happy your partner will feel when opening up the package.

3)   Watch a romantic comedy

Rom-Com’s are my absolute favorite genre. Typically, at least with my experience, men are not prone to wanting to watch these types of movies. On this day; however, it is completely acceptable. Make a list of movies and have your partner choose the cutest one. Once chosen, hop on Skype and start the movie at the same time. There you go – an instant Valentines Day movie date!

4)   Write a thoughtful card

There is nothing better than receiving a hand-written note from your significant other, stating why they love you so much. Valentine’s Day allows you to completely pour your heart out on another level. While most times you can express any emotions that you are having, this holiday is all about love, giving your emotions and entirely different meaning! The best card is one that is not bought from CVS or any other store. Make the card yourself! Buy some supplies from Michaels, and get creative!

5)   SURPRISE!

This may be out of the question for some, but the idea is incomparable and quite great. Surprise your significant other if you can!! It is entirely understandable if your schedule is completely crammed and traveling home is not an option; however, if there is anyway to reschedule any appointments and save up the cash, you are golden! Wishing you were with someone and then suddenly having them is the greatest feeling in the world.

While anyone in a long distance relationship can agree that being with your significant other on this sacred holiday beats numbers one through four, they are useful. Try spicing up the steps to correlate with how your relationship flows. You never know, you could find a new tradition for coming years when you can actually be together! 

Images:

http://dianegardner1.files.wor…