5 Restaurants to Visit in the DMV Area

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Washington, D.C. is a foodie’s dream— with an eclectic population, there are countless restaurants to visit in each neighborhood. With chain restaurants, mom-and-pop diners and tons of international places, it’s simply a food paradise. A new year and new semester mean new adventures, so check out these restaurants and make it a girl’s night! Woohoo!

Founding Farmers

Founding Farmers is quite possibly the city’s greatest hidden treasure. The restaurant focuses on serving its guests locally farmed, organic foods. They even grow and make their own pasta! The menu is extremely versatile, even your vegan BFF will find something to eat!

Jyoti

Hidden on a side-street in Adams Morgan, Jyoti is a perfect place to get your Indian food craving. The restaurant offers a gluten-free menu (YUM) and is vegetarian-friendly! Be sure to taste their Baingan Bharta or chicken curry, it’s the best!

Open City

Open City is your typical hipster coffee shop/bar/diner. Right by the Woodley Park metro stop, the diner attracts a variety of customers from hipsters to old-timers to tourists. With an all-day breakfast menu (who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?) and an array of teas and coffees to drink, it’s the perfect place for a fun Friday night!

PF Chang’s

If you get the munchies for great Chinese food but you don’t want to venture all the way to Chinatown, head out to the PF Chang’s in Chevy Chase! Just outside the Friendship Heights Metro, PF Chang’s is the best place for authentic Chinese food. Definitely order their vanilla cream wontons— it sounds weird, but they taste amazing.

Maté

Sushi and Latin American food doesn’t seem like the most appetizing mix, but Maté does a wonderful job of combining these two cultures. Located on K Street in Georgetown, Maté incorporates Latin American specialties with popular sushi dishes— the “Buenos Aires” egg roll is to die for. Try it!

Want more restaurant recommendations? Check out the Best D.C. Restaurants on a Collegiette Budget

Photo Credit:

http://dcmetromagazine.com/sites/default/files/photos/National%20Harbor.jpg

Gabriella Salazar is a junior at American University studying Public Communication and Marketing. She hails from sunny, sunny Los Angeles, California and her proudest moment is meeting Ryan Gosling at the Gangster Squad Premier in January 2013. She's a lover of ballet, wheat thins, food, music and cats; a hater of all things dumb and annoying--like traffic.