5 Reasons to Attend SELF Magazine’s Workout on the Quad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

For once, you’ll want to spend your Saturday on campus. On April 27, Her Campus and SELF magazine are bringing Workout on the Quad to American University. From 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., we’re taking over the quad with food, fitness, freebies and fun. If those four words aren’t enough, here are five reasons why you should attend SELF’s Workout on the Quad.

1. Food

Work out and work up an appetite. Sample a variety of healthy food and drinks such as LUNA Bars, Wendy’s freshly prepared chicken salads and Smartfood popped chips. Stay hydrated with Sweet’N Low pink lemonade and Zico coconut water. Feed your thirst for fitness knowledge and have a refreshing drink (or two)!

2. Freebies and giveaways

Workout on the Quad includes some amazing sponsors. Freebies include mini facials and hair styling from Garnier, a fragrance sample of euphoria Calvin Klein, fitness pass to CRUNCH and much more. There will also be giveaways: try your luck at winning a LeSportsac mini purse or VSX Sport by Victoria’s Secret training tank top.

3. De-stress before exams

Studying for exams can be stressful—and that’s an understatement. Instead of spending a day sitting in the library, take a break from the books and put your body to the ultimate test. Take note of our fitness picks: 5 classes you can’t miss at Workout on the Quad.

4. SELF Magazine

How often does a major magazine bring a national event to AU? Grab a free copy of the newest issue at Workout on the Quad for advice on how to be your best and brightest self.

5. Free admission

A collegiette’s favorite word? FREE. Workout on the Quad is completely free for the AU community to attend. If you’re an American University student, staff member, faculty member or alumnus, register now at SELF’s Workout in the Park website with the promo code “QUAD” for a free ticket.

Tell us why you’re excited for Workout on the Quad by tweeting at @HerCampusAU and @SELFmagazine with the hashtags #WorkoutOnTheQuad and #AmericanU. See you on Saturday, April 27!

Lesley Siu graduated from American University in May 2013 with a BA in Film and Media Arts and minors in Marketing and International Business. Originally from Hawaii, she loves photography, fashion, travel, social media and everything Parisian. She has interned at GLAMOUR magazine in New York and Washington Life Magazine in DC, but her proudest accomplishment is founding Her Campus American in 2011 while interning in Melbourne, Australia. You can usually find her reading a magazine, enjoying a hazelnut latte or posting a photo on Instagram... and sometimes, all at the same time. Follow her on Twitter: @lesleysiu and visit her blog.