5 Fun Resolutions for 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

It’s that time of the year when we reflect on 2017 and see if we have accomplished everything we wanted to. It’s okay if you feel like you have not achieved everything your January self wanted to! You have all of 2018 to tackle those unfinished goals, and more! Here are some awesomely unique new year resolutions that might make you want to achieve them.

1. Keep a journal of your year!

Recount all the important moments in 2018 by including pictures, mementos, and comments! It’ll be fun to look at all the memories you make this year in a super cute notebook!

2. Take a photo every day

If the journal is too big of commitment for you try snapping a picture every day! There’s even a cute app, called “1 Second Everyday”, and it reminds you to take a 1 second video every day. This is an easy way to remember what you did at the end of the year.

3. Learn something new

Did you learn to whistle, blow a bubble, or bike as a child? If not, make that your 2018 goal! These tasks can be simple enough, so make a list of 10 to finish. Also, try getting your friends to help you, it could be an awesome way to make some great memories.

4. Read, read, and read some more

“Reading is the key that opens doors to many good things in life.” – The Notorious Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Read more this year, whether it’s secondary reading for your class or  for leisure. Reading, while great for academic improvement, is also an awesome mindfulness tactic and can improve your mental health. This is how women will conquer the future!

5. Get random with kindness

Try to do more random acts of kindness in 2018. Maybe pay for someone’s coffee in the morning, or help someone carrying a heavy load. There are so many, BuzzFeed even made you a list of 101 easy acts here. Make someone’s day better with a random act of kindness!

Gifs credits: 1,2, 3,4,5

Photo credit: Cover