5 Best Nail Salons For AU Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

The warm weather is coming! Whether you believe it or not, we are closer to sandal season than you realize. So it is time for a little you time, so take a break from the books to go pamper yourself! 

1. Mimosa- $$$

Location: DuPont

Mimosa is a personal favorite of mine. The employees are quick, efficient and very friendly. The only downside is that the nail salon itself is very tiny and usually packed full of customers. But.. they do serve complimentary champange which makes it all better! 

2. Vicky’s Nail Boutique- $$$$

Location: Georgetown

A great friendly nail place! It is a very tiny space and pretty expensive compared to other nail salons in Tenleytown/ AU area. They have a great selection of colors

3. Young’s Nails- $$

Location: Tenleytown, down Wisconsin on the way towards friendship

Young’s nails was recommended to me through a friend. It is a great location because it is walking distance from Tenleytown, you do not even need to take the metro bus. The employees were all very friendly and efficent. It is probably my favorite nail place I have been to in my past three years in DC. 

4. Envy Nails- $$

Location: Tenleytown

They have the best pedicure chairs! The gel color selection is not great, but the staff is always friendly! They are also fast and you do not have to wait long!

5. Xiu Xiu-$$$$

Location: Glover Park

I expected Xiu Xiu to be a little more “spa” like, with a great aroma and little bit more of the spa treatment. It was more expensive than most places in the Tenleytown/ AU area. For example, UV gel manicure is $5.00 more. I was also disappointed that the UV light machines were not up to date, so it took three minutes for every coat to dry. 

Photo Cred:

http://akdec.org/335/rihanna-nail-designs-2014/rihanna-spiked-claw-nails