5 Best Dressed Stars of the 2012 Golden Globes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

This year was all about simplicity and letting the dress make a statement on the red carpet. Stars and designers worked together to create the final look. From Prada to Vera Wang, every designer made sure that his or her dresses were there to show off. At the Golden Globes, television and movie stars got together to celebrate the best of the year in style. Here are the five looks that took over the night:

Michelle Williams

The My Week with Marilyn star wowed in this Jason Wu dress and showed that conservative can be sexy. The color stands out between the many LBD’s on the red carpet. She lets the dress do all the talking, keeping her accessories at a minimum.

Nicole Richie

This young mom dazzles in this silver Julien Mcdonald dress. Again the dress is the center of the attention, yet decorates her wrists with matching silver bracelets. She touches upon the sixties with her blunt bangs and pony. 

Lea Michele

Lea’s Marchesa dress is clearly innovative with thoughtful cutouts. The dress is modern and takes a leap of faith. With her dose of confidence, she really pulls the look together and making the dress a must see of the night.

Dianna Agron

Meanwhile, Lea’s Glee costar also grabs eyes with her laser cut Giles dress. The details on the dress make the overall look as “elegant as a swan.”

Sofia Vergara

This year there were many fishtails on the red carpet, but no one made us double take more then the Columbian actress. It’s hard to believe that with this Vera Wang dress, Vergara is turning forty. The dress hugs her perfectly, showing that real women embrace their curves.

Photo credits:
1. popsugar.com (Michelle Williams)
2. collegefashion.net (Nicole Richie)
3. us.weekly.com (Lea Michele)
4. celebuzz.com (Dianna Agron)
5. popsugar.com (Sofia Vergara)

Colleen V. Antonio is a student at American University in Washington DC. She is majoring in Public Communication with minors in Marketing. She is a member of the sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma. Currently, Colleen writes and is President for HerCampus American, which combines her interests in fashion, food, and entertainment in the local DMV area. One day she hopes to find a job with all these interests that will enable her to travel around the world. During her free time, Colleen enjoys exploring the city whether it is heading to listen to an underground band at Black Cat with her friends or even just eating cookie dough ice cream on the steps of the National Portrait Gallery.
Lesley Siu graduated from American University in May 2013 with a BA in Film and Media Arts and minors in Marketing and International Business. Originally from Hawaii, she loves photography, fashion, travel, social media and everything Parisian. She has interned at GLAMOUR magazine in New York and Washington Life Magazine in DC, but her proudest accomplishment is founding Her Campus American in 2011 while interning in Melbourne, Australia. You can usually find her reading a magazine, enjoying a hazelnut latte or posting a photo on Instagram... and sometimes, all at the same time. Follow her on Twitter: @lesleysiu and visit her blog.