This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

In contrast to its literal French translation meaning “bad house”, Malmaison is a cute, chic café located on the Georgetown waterfront. From the scrumptious baked goods to the tasteful French brunch options, Malmaison offers delicious dishes with a stunning view of the Potomac River. Here are 3 reasons to dine at Malmaison:

1. The Food

What better way is there to start the day than with a large cup of coffee and a warm, flaky pastry? Malmaison’s menu features endless tasty French cuisines. Their weekday lunch options include sandwiches, salads, quiche, and savory crepes. On weekends they have a more extensive brunch menu with omelettes, cocktails, and specials. Most importantly, Malmaison has many French desserts. People with a sweet tooth can enjoy homemade French macarons, pastries and cakes.

2. The Décor

If the food is not convincing enough, the décor is sure to pull you in. As soon as you step inside, elegant, white walls and lavender, cushioned seating surround you. There is a huge mirror hanging on a wall with an intricately designed metal frame. The floors are a simple hardwood and an oversized vase with white flowers sits on one of the tables. Along the wall of the tiered area, rests the bar. The décor and layout contribute to a fresh, sophisticated atmosphere, as if you walked into a café in Paris.

3. The View

Malmaison is perfectly located next to the Potomac River and the large windows face the water. Even if you do not sit immediately next to the window, you can still see the beautiful stream of water. The view in combination with the décor creates a soothing experience, so you can enjoy the heavenly food and forget your worries.

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3

Public Relations and Music student at American University. Singer, foodie and shopaholic with an incurable case of wanderlust. An aspiring publicist and musician dreaming of living in Los Angeles.