3 Lazy-Chic Looks You Can Survive Finals Week In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Is there anything worse than someone telling you that you look tired? Like, thanks for saying I look like a trainwreck in the most politically correct way possible. As final exams dawn on us, there are bound to be a few mornings when flashcards and caffeine take precedence over looking presentable—but step away from the Uggs and hoodie. A comfy-chic wardrobe for finals week is possible, and it will keep you feeling your best when you’re on page two of twenty of that research paper. Plus, you never know who you’ll meet in the library. Just saying.

1.     Lazy

Library temperatures are notoriously unpredictable, so if you’re hunkering down for a while, it’s best to dress in layers. Keep it simple in jeggings and a cool graphic tee, and layer your biggest, coziest cardigan on top. Slip on black leather Chelsea boots and you’ll totally look like you made an effort. You know, effortlessly.

2.     Lazier

Sweatpants calling your name? Swap your standard drawstring pair from the bookstore for stylish skinny sweats, and don them with an embellished sweatshirt in a bright color. Studded smoking flats are easy to kick off as the night drags on, and glasses will always feel better than contact lenses at one in the morning. And remember, a topknot will never fail you. #BelieveInTheTopKnot

3.     Laziest

If you’re planning on all-nightering and going straight to class the next morning, prepare for battle with your secret weapon: trendy activewear. The secret to looking sporty-chic in leggings, sneakers, and a sweatshirt? Brights on brights on brights. And hey, who knows, maybe it’ll even convince you to hit the gym later. Maybe.

Photo credits:

Cardigan from New Look, jeggings from American Eagle Outfitters, graphic tee from J.Crew, Chelsea boots from Topshop

Skinny sweats from J.Crew, eyeglasses by Ray-Ban, hair ties from Neiman Marcus, smoking flats by Betsey Johnson, blue sweatshirt by French Connection

Yellow sweatshirt from J.Crew, leggings by Under Armour, sneakers by Nike

Julia Reinstein is a junior at American University. She is studying journalism and hopes to one day write for a magazine. When she isn't writing, she keeps busy as a sister of Phi Sigma Sigma and student body Vice President. Her goals include traveling to Iceland, participating in a flashmob, meeting Hillary Clinton, and owning a mahogany spice rack. She passionately believes in the Oxford comma.