This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

We live in a glorious time of boy bands and solo artists. One Direction, Beyoncé, and Justin Timberlake dominate the music industry. It’s been years since the Spice Girls, Destiny’s Child, and TLC have graced the Billboard Hot 100 Chart. But if you’re longing for a Spice Girls reunion, you don’t have to look very far—Little Mix will definitely fill your Spice Girls fix. A fairly new British girl band, Little Mix, made up of Perrie Edwards, Jade Thirlwall, Jesy Nelson and Leigh-Anne Pinnock, have taken the world by storm. Their latest album, Salute, dropped in the UK last November; it was released in the US just last month and hit number one in the iTunes chart. If that doesn’t impress you yet, here’s 15 reasons why these girls should be on your playlist. 

1. They were the first female group to ever win the UK X Factor competition–Girl power!

2. They’re all completely beautiful

Jesy is flawless

Perrie is adorbs

Leigh-Anne is sassy but super cute

Jade is perfection defined

3. The girls are completely, 100% themselves 

4. Seriously, they’re so wacky it’s adorable

5. If that doesn’t make you want to be their best friend, maybe this will: they (mainly Perrie) love food

6. The girls performed for 10 weeks on a live television show, so you know they’ve got serious talent

7. They also have some serious moves

8. Their songs are all about empowerment and are utterly inspirational

9. The girls have their own unique style

10. Even though we’re a bit jealous, Perrie is engaged to One Direction’s Zayn Malik (and they’re seriously the cutest couple)

Zerrie 5ever 

11. They all have vibrantly colored hair (and they rock it)

12. They’re friends with Demi Lovato and are currently supporting her on the Neon Lights Tour

13. They have each other’s backs

14. They’re literally just like us

15. The girls can harmonize like no other girl group before and it’s magical

Credits:

buzzfeed.com

youtube.com

tumblr.com

Gabriella Salazar is a junior at American University studying Public Communication and Marketing. She hails from sunny, sunny Los Angeles, California and her proudest moment is meeting Ryan Gosling at the Gangster Squad Premier in January 2013. She's a lover of ballet, wheat thins, food, music and cats; a hater of all things dumb and annoying--like traffic.