The 10 Things We Can Learn From Watching Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

We all knew the story-line, the six friends who lived in New York and met up at a coffee shop constantly to talk about their lives. It’s the show that the cores of most shows today are based off of (even though, in my opinion, nothing will ever be as great). Friends is that one classic show that (for most people) will never stop being funny. For your procrastination pleasure, let’s take a trip down memory lane and think about the 10 things you may have learnt from Friends:

1. Never count Mississipingly when in a tanning booth.

2. Joey doesn’t share food.

3. “We were on a break” is never an excuse.

4. It’s never to late to find out you have living family members.

5. There is no one funnier than Chandler.

6. Say the right name at the altar.

7. If a jellyfish stings your friend, you pee on them, and never speak about it.

8. It is never a cat’s fault when it is smelly.

9. You can change your name to anything…but actually, anything.

10. It can take you 10 years to realize the person you’re meant to be with is right in front of you.

Colleen V. Antonio is a student at American University in Washington DC. She is majoring in Public Communication with minors in Marketing. She is a member of the sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma. Currently, Colleen writes and is President for HerCampus American, which combines her interests in fashion, food, and entertainment in the local DMV area. One day she hopes to find a job with all these interests that will enable her to travel around the world. During her free time, Colleen enjoys exploring the city whether it is heading to listen to an underground band at Black Cat with her friends or even just eating cookie dough ice cream on the steps of the National Portrait Gallery.